Where is Williams ?

greenjoe

Mac never wanted DW to play this season and after setting him up to fail, was never going to play him again. A knee was taken on this season along with DW's career after the UAB game. You could tell that every single player on the team saw it.

I really, and I really mean really hope this is some poor attempt at sarcasm. Because if you believe Mac would throw the season to "prove something" to DW then .......

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1

Mac never wanted DW to play this season and after setting him up to fail, was never going to play him again. A knee was taken on this season along with DW's career after the UAB game. You could tell that every single player on the team saw it.

This seems accurate. I will be at every game next season but it's hard to see people rushing to their seats to watch Mcnulty under center. He has a career 6 TD and 11INT record. How are these numbers starting QB worthy? It's an honest question. He has win 2 games in his entire career and as seen above his numbers are not impressive. How is that the best we have to offer at the quarterback position? I like Dajon and it seems he was not handled well. Maybe Means is our guy? After reading Vito's article it already seems Mcnulty is being labeled the starting QB next season. How with his career numbers and win/loss record is that even thinkable?

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

I really, and I really mean really hope this is some poor attempt at sarcasm. Because if you believe Mac would throw the season to "prove something" to DW then .......

I believe Mac wrote the season off as "thrown" the instant he let Greer come back out after half of the LA Tech game.
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

I don't know if any of you guys saw the Baylor/Texas Tech game, but I'm sure glad Big 12 powerhouse Baylor, the #7 team in the country, doesn't have a young quarterback just throw a ball up for grabs while he is trying to prevent getting sacked. Oh wait, that is exactly what redshirt sophomore Seth Russell did. I'm sure glad that quarterback guru Art Briles loves a good bus driver, oh nope, he wants to move the football. Mistakes can be corrected but you can't teach talent. I hope Mac learns this lesson soon because I don't think our fanbase can stomach much more football like this season's.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Here is the latest quote from Coach Mac.

“Dajon was suspended for this game for not living up to the expectations of this program,” McCarney said. “We have expectations on the field and off. You live up to them, or you will not be a part of this program. That is why he is not with us today. He didn’t live up to expectations. I will not put up with nonsense.”

That sounds like a "deep doghouse" quote to me.

Let's see, SFA and SHSU are both pretty close to his home town.

I think DW is probably the best option on the team, but again, that's not saying much. And if he cant keep his head on straight, then he's definitely not worth putting out there either.

You guys need to step back and look at UNT's QB options in scope of QB play in the conference as a whole. Just because DW might be the best option for UNT right now, does not mean he's a good QB.

The importance of getting another QB who can actually play this offseason is paramount. Means is a question mark, so is Chumley (who may not even sniff the QB position at all).

• Upvote 2

Here is the latest quote from Coach Mac.

That sounds like a "deep doghouse" quote to me.

Let's see, SFA and SHSU are both pretty close to his home town.

That wouldn't be a smart move for him AT ALL.

Zach Conque of SFA(2650 yards,15 TD's, 8 INT's), and Jared Johnson of Sam Houston(2363, 15 TD's, 11 INT's) both just led their teams to the FCS playoffs and are both SOPHOMORES. Sam is in the second round next week.

Rick

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

There is no way that DW is with the team next Fall. I am a DW fan, but I don't want him on our team if he will not put in the work/effort to get better and is a liability off the field and in the locker room.

Very disappointing to hear Mac talk about AM starting next year.

Here is to hoping that Means really shows us something in the Spring. Althoug I think if he was really special, Mac would have taken his redshirt off after benching DW.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

There is no way that DW is with the team next Fall. I am a DW fan, but I don't want him on our team if he will not put in the work/effort to get better and is a liability off the field and in the locker room.

Here is to hoping that Means really shows us something in the Spring. Althoug I think if he was really special, Mac would have taken his redshirt off after benching DW.

I think you answered your own question, but we'll only find out next Spring. I really hope there are wheels turning that we don't see regarding a transfer. Otherwise, it's McNulty, and that's settling on the Devil you know being better than the Devil you dont.

This discussion reminds me of a college football board I uded to follow in the early 2000s. Team won 4 straight conference titles, went to 4 straight bowl games, & the HC was coach-of-the-year 4 straight times. And yet - the genuses on the board weren't happy.

Oh, wait........

• Upvote 2

That wouldn't be a smart move for him AT ALL.

Zach Conque of SFA(2650 yards,15 TD's, 8 INT's), and Jared Johnson of Sam Houston(2363, 15 TD's, 11 INT's) both just led their teams to the FCS playoffs and are both SOPHOMORES. Sam is in the second round next week.

Rick

Maybe the next time we see him will be his running roughshod over us while playing for the Cardinals of Incarnate Word.

Hopefully a new OC will get the most out of the qb position. This staff has not really shown me they can evaluate talent. Especially offense. Who knows what we have?

If a new DC and OC comes in and says we are lacking in talent, then I will believe it. Chico nor skladany are coaches that fire their players up. I would not be surprised to see other coaches get more out of these players.

Maybe the next time we see him will be his running roughshod over us while playing for the Cardinals of Incarnate Word.

I think his eligibility will run out at the end of the 2017 season.Unless of course, he goes to SMU, then he has at least 6 years of eligibility. Otherwise, that scenario would fit nicely with our football Karma.

Edited by SilverEagle

Mac really is trying to kill the fanbase here isn't he? The definition of Insanity is starting Mini-Mac each week and expecting different results. The schedule is tougher next season. Beware: 2-10 is down this road.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Mac really is trying to kill the fanbase here isn't he? The definition of Insanity is starting Mini-Mac each week and expecting different results. The schedule is tougher next season. Beware: 2-10 is down this road.

If no one shows up to the games then no one can see how bad the QB play is. Conspiracy?

• Upvote 1

Here's the QB situation as I see it:

http://meangreennation.com/handicapping-the-2015-qb-race/

1. MiniMac 2. Connor Means 3. Josh Greer 4. JUCO guy 5. Dajon Williams.

I like Cousins better than Greer. And as to unnamed JC QB? We need someone (anyone but the one who went after Greer) to assess and recruit him.

Edited by SilverEagle
  • Upvote 2