Craphole

UNT90

Shocks me how many in this fan base are just fine with a university not earning their way, especially since we were told by CUSA that we needed a stadium to gain entry back in the early 2000s.

I guess I really shouldn't be shocked. This is the same fan base that accepts losing, terrible football scheduling, multiple bad coaching hires, and the deconstruction of a once proud basketball program with little more than a whimper.

There is a reason we have been terrible at all things athletics for years.

We are really, deep down, just fine with that..

That was always CUSAs built-in excuse to tell UNT why they weren't getting in and UTEP was. The real reason was simply because SMU was already here and they backed La Tech for membership, not the big state university up the road in the same market. If we were already building Apogee in 2002 back then, the officals at CUSA would've still come up with an excuse--that it wasn't ready, that we were still not attractive enough because UTEP had a nice market to themselves, etc...

Don't ever fall for that stadium excuse back then. CUSA 2.0 never wanted us back then. They had SMU for a DFW presence. And SMU was never going to share this market with us.

And SMU was never going to share this market with us.

Meanwhile, SMU continues its tail spin nose dive into irrelevance pending its administration finally making a decision as to what it wants its athletics to be. UNT is historically no slouch at snapping defeat from the jaws of victory, but they seem to be in unparalleled disarray down there on Mockingbird.

I don't have the active hatred for SMU that others do since I have no history with them. I am very fascinated by varying levels of delusion, a certain segment of the fan base who thinks the payola years are still something to be proud of, and an administration that seems to want the universities academics to be the priority focus.

That was always CUSAs built-in excuse to tell UNT why they weren't getting in and UTEP was. The real reason was simply because SMU was already here and they backed La Tech for membership, not the big state university up the road in the same market. If we were already building Apogee in 2002 back then, the officals at CUSA would've still come up with an excuse--that it wasn't ready, that we were still not attractive enough because UTEP had a nice market to themselves, etc...

Don't ever fall for that stadium excuse back then. CUSA 2.0 never wanted us back then. They had SMU for a DFW presence. And SMU was never going to share this market with us.

Jim is right; however, if the tables were turned and it was us in C-USA I seriously doubt we would be excited about letting them in either. Just like UTSA probably doesn't want Texas State in the conference either.

Look folks, if you haven't figured this out yet, this college football thing is ALL about recruiting. The best programs are getting the best players. That does not mean there are some good players still out there; ones who develop later in their careers or get overlooked at smaller schools etc. So as a program you are going to do everything you can to put yourself in a position to recruit the best players. C-USA 1.0 served a very valuable purpose for schools like SMU, Houston, Tulsa etc.. it allowed them to have a leg up on the Sun Belt and below with more access to bowls and bigger budgets etc. This is exactly what they are trying to do with the AAC it just takes time.

We are sitting in a hotbed of really good talent here in DFW and the state of Texas. So the safe of talent is right in front of us; we just can't crack the code. We have good facilities, good coaches a good school which is building in reputation. There is no reason we shouldn't be in the top 25% of C-USA schools in terms of landing talent and that includes high school freshmen AND transfers who are looking to get back home.

Mac has been here 4 years now. Last year we thought we were heading in the right direction. This year has been a big wake-up call. My one big Christmas wish list for the football program is that we take a long look at the system and personnel we are using to recruit. This is not something you ignore and stick to your guns on after year 4. You have to make adjustments if you want the program to improve.

This is not something you ignore and stick to your guns on after year 4. You have to make adjustments if you want the program to improve.

LOL!!! Can I name the shades of blue you'll turn as your holding your breath? Kind of like the "Crayola" Name That Shade contest they hold every year?

Mac's been given a mountain side of rope with an ice tray seat to relax in. His plan is trucking along exactly how he expects it to go. He's not changing a thing and nothing around here is going to change that.

Rick

• Upvote 1

"craphole"...the place 90 likes to mix his game drinks.

Criticizing other schools & their football program makes you/us sound like fools. In the late 80's...North Texas great...QB Scott Davis called out Kansas State which...at the time...had the longest losing streak in the nation.

Well...check the records of where KSU went after 1989 vs where NT went.

90...mix your drink & enjoy the game.

• Upvote 3

"craphole"...the place 90 likes to mix his game drinks.

Criticizing other schools & their football program makes you/us sound like fools. In the late 80's...North Texas great...QB Scott Davis called out Kansas State which...at the time...had the longest losing streak in the nation.

Well...check the records of where KSU went after 1989 vs where NT went.

90...mix your drink & enjoy the game.

I expected a much better critical analogy from you.

#slipping

Oh, and for the record. I'm a beer man.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 1

If UTSA plays the rest of its game in history at the alamo dome, then at what point can they call it their stadium? And for the record, I went to a basketball game down there last year, and that rec. gym was indeed a craphole, not as deep of a crevice as the Florida Atlantic craphole gym, but a craphole nonetheless.

if it swims like a duck, quacks like a duck, flies like a duck, then chances are, it's a duck.

Craphole is a cleaner nickname that goat%$%&$ers which is what I choose to call WKU.

UTSA=#itsallajoke

#ihaveaheadachebecauseiagreewithunt90onsomething

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

I mean, yeah. We have "North" in our name so we are ostensibly the good guys here. Let's not refight this thing.

Dude, don't keep trying to fight the Civil War. I agree UTSA didn't deserve what they have been handed, but the rest of the world except a few posters here have moved on to accept the reality that UTSA is a member of CUSA.

• Upvote 2

Well, this week is upon us. The good news is they are terrible, so there will be far less of their terribly insecure fans coming in here and beating us down with their idiocy. We are also bad, so maybe those of you that went to their crappy Internet site (which, no doubt, is rented from the City of San Antonio) before last year's game will be smarter this year.

Craphole does serve one purpose. It shows how important an effective QB is to a football team. They returned everyone but QB. Soza was a great player. They didnt have a replacement and they now suck. We can relate.

I delight in how much suck they will throw out there next year.

Maybe they really are the next USF...

Derek+Thompson+UNLV+v+North+Texas+VM9qy8

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Calling it what you do makes us look incredibly jelly. Perhaps I am a bit jealous of their constant praise and rapid ascension. As far As I am concerned they are A rival. I dislike them more than I do smu.

So hoping to watch then get beat down on Saturday. Best line of this football season is down goes nutsack!

Beat UTSA

GMG