Defining the UNT Fan Base

KRAM1

All these terrible fans who still actively post on the forum, go to games, and donate their time and money despite a team that's wrapping up its 17th losing season since returning to FBS. How dare you not plan to sit in the cold rain? A true fan would happily sit through ACID rain to support a team that clearly gave up a long time ago.

Edited by ColoradoEagle
  • Upvote 4

In my experience, I must agree with The Tasty Greek!

Words of wisdom regarding North Texas active or potential fan base. The ones who are Terrible ambassadors for North Texas now.

Way too many know- it- all's chiming in to over ride any ones posting or comment.

I know many NT fans who refuse to even look at the GMG due to the know-it-all's.

• Upvote 1

Actually, in my experience... People who consider themselves the exemplar of North Texas fandom are the ones most likely to be TERRIBLE ambassadors, and actively repulse the rest of the active and/or potential fan base.[/quote

you have experience? Really? Oh, that's right...experience in the "holier than thou" approach. So expected...so typical. Just pull up another cute graphic while you are at work and post that...they always work.

• Downvote 15

you have experience? Really? Oh, that's right...experience in the "holier than thou" approach. So expected...so typical. Just pull up another cute graphic while you are at work and post that...they always work.

Too touchy for an inward-looking discussion of how personality and approach might actually work against your stated goals?

WHY WON'T YOU OTHER PEOPLE LOOK AT YOUR SELVES IN THIS MIRROR!???

All these terrible fans who still actively post on the forum, go to games, and donate their time and money despite a team that's wrapping up its 17th losing season since returning to FBS. How dare you not plan to sit in the cold rain? A true fan would happily sit through ACID rain to support a team that clearly gave up a long time ago.

Exactly.

I gave my firstborn for this program.

Edited by SSP
  • Downvote 1

It is what it is. We'll have our time on the CUSA mountain top eventually. I just want to see people care then, see sellouts then. I'm not disappointed about a 14k crowd on a 40 degree rainy day to watch our 3-7 team probably turn the corner to 3-8. I am uncertain as to what this programs ceiling is or what kind of fan base we could have in the event we are sitting at 10-2 in consecutive years. I think a lot of us would be pleasantly surprised. I just want to see the buried potential come to fruition.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

What if Jesus had dropped the cross 400 feet towards Golgatha, THEN started assaulting money changers in the temple?

Just using the St. Ignatius method of scriptural contemplation to work through this masterpiece.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

What if Jesus had dropped the cross 400 feet towards Golgatha, THEN started assaulting money changers in the temple?

Just using the St. Ignatius method of scriptural contemplation to work through this masterpiece.

Azazel and Penemue are sounding their trumpets here, that's for damn sure.

We have shortcomings regarding recruiting, coaching, scheduling, donations, and other factors but it doesn't get any better if we fail to show up on gamedays or stay outside tailgating. No ones saying that we can't complain but continue support or we'll not be able to support even a G5 lifestyle. These next few years are critical to Conference USA and our program in particular. Make a committment and don't be wishy-washy about your support of North Texas football or it's pretty much guaranteed that it won't improve.

See kram. THIS IS HOW YOU DO IT. GrayEagle is highly respected around here because he is rational and knows how to post. At heart, you are both trying to make the same point, but Gray's words can't be considered even remotely aggrandizing or an attempt to paint himself as holier than thou.

Also, you miss the point that you are playing the harridan to the wrong crowd. The problem isn't that people on this board are upset over this season and are thinking of not going to tailgating. It's that there isn't enough alumni buying in. If every single person on this board quadrupled their giving it wouldn't make a dent in what we need.

There isn't enough of us, those numbers have barely increased in the last 15 years or so.

• Upvote 6

See kram. THIS IS HOW YOU DO IT

Oh, do you? Appreciate your being judge as to "how to do it". How typical of you, but not unexpected. My post was very much asking the question....it was for others to set the to tone. If you read something else in it, that's on you. You seem to want to find something negative in anything I post. The original post is no longer there for good reason, but I would challenge anyone to find any "calling out" of anyone in that post and I remind you that YOU set the tone where this went with the implication of "better fandom" being implied. So, while I appreciate GrayEagle's post, it is not so different in tenor or tone...and would have been a great addition to the adult conversation I was so hopeful of having on the subject. Alas, that was not to be.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 9

Oh, do you? Appreciate your being judge as to "how to do it". How typical of you, but not unexpected.

small-green-checkmark.gifStart a thread about how to properly do something.

small-green-checkmark.gifBacktrack 13 minutes later.

small-green-checkmark.gifAccuse others of being overly sensitive.

small-green-checkmark.gifScold others for daring to tell you how to properly do something.

small-green-checkmark.gifExhibit no self-awareness or sense of irony at all.

Someone has had a very busy day of interneting.

To answer the original question:

The fan base is small but loyal. Long suffering, but then again, that is what made us all enjoy 2013 so much.

I'm going to re-up my season tickets, take friends, enjoy the tailgating, and watch college football at a cheap price in a nice stadium. If we have a winning season, it will be that much sweeter.

UNT Fan=Cubs Fan

• Upvote 1

To The Tasty Greek:

You, sir, are an ass!

If you and others on this board did only half of what Kram does for our university, this university would reach heights never before imagined!

But no..........many of you on this board only want to bitch and moan!

Negative click away - I, for one, have had my fill of the Ben Goodings (and there are many more like you) that reside on this board.

Rhey Nolan

tylermeangreen

Edited by tylermeangreen
  • Upvote 6
  • Downvote 10