Audit: TWU didn’t repeat UNT’s mistakes

Harry

Texas Woman’s University confirmed it did not make the same financial errors the University of North Texas did, in an audit of state-funded benefits released Monday.

After state officials learned UNT had systemically used state money to pay for employee benefits and salaries it shouldn’t have, totaling $83.5 million over 10 years,

Gov. Rick Perry ordered all other public universities to check to see if they were making the same mistakes.

The audit at TWU did catch some mistakes, though, an error in its payroll software caused the university to withdraw $10,480 it shouldn’t have. After the audit was completed, the software glitch was fixed, said Brenda Floyd, vice president of finance and administration.

read more: http://www.dentonrc.com/local-news/local-news-headlines/20141117-audit-twu-didnt-repeat-unts-mistakes.ece

Because he is slick Rick's buddy. It looks like our excuse was the typical 6th grade excuse of "but Johnny and Jimmy do it" has shown to be false, at least with TWU and I imagine as the audits come in, the excuse will look really bad.

Plus other universities will be mad at having to spend money on unneeded audits because of our errors.

blaming this on Rick Perry is just ignorance and stupidity

1. when lee the idiot was first appointed a majority of the BOR members were NOT appointed by Rick Perry so those that Rick Perry appointed did not have a majority

2. Rick Perry does not care about north Texas much less seek to screw it

3. a large number of the BOR members are alumni of north Texas so how sad would it be if they did actually do the bidding of Rick Perry instead of what is best for north Texas

4. north Texas has been poorly run for decades and the financial issues went back decades so trying to blame it on Rick Perry is the bleetings of a moron

5. the people that wanted lee the idiot and got lee the idiot is the public officials of dallas and dallas county which is royce the fool west and wiley the soon to be felon price and when royce the fool west was the head of the senate higher ed comission that is when lee the idiot was hired and it was so that royce and the other morons from the dallas area could exploit north Texas for the benefit of dallas and dallas county and in exchange they would keep out of the business dealing with all other state universities and be yes men for those universities plans

6. one has to look no further away than dallas and dallas county to see why north Texas is screwed and why lee the idiot has a job and Rick Perry had nothing to do with that and believing he did is just fools being foolish and blaming a scape goat instead of facing the facts of north Texas being poorly run by people that include alumni and being exploited for the benefit of dallas and dallas county

• Downvote 3

3. a large number of the BOR members are alumni of north Texas so how sad would it be if they did actually do the bidding of Rick Perry instead of what is best for north Texas

Most of your post was blathering and opinion, but this is one in which numbers can be checked.

Number of regents who are alumni vs not:

UNT

---

Alumni: 5 (50%)

Not: 5

TT

---

Alumni : 8 (89%)

Not: 1

UT

---

Alumni: 9 (75%)

Not: 3

A&M

---

Alumni: 9 (90%)

There is no way any of those schools would be happy with non alumni taking up 50% of their board of regents seats, why the hell are we expected to?

• Upvote 3

Most of your post was blathering and opinion, but this is one in which numbers can be checked.

UNT

---

TT

---

UT

---

A&M

---

There is no way any of those schools would be happy with non alumni taking up 50% of their board of regents seats, why the hell are we expected to?

Preach! very valid point IMHO. It's as if our alums aren't good enough which is BS.

UNT

---

TT

---

UT

---

A&M

---

.And that's a direct result of a very weak Alumni Association, of which I refuse to be a part of ever again until something changes. And I know around 20 others who feel the same way.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 1

.And that's a direct result of a very weak Alumni Association, of which I refuse to be a part of ever again until something changes. And I know around 20 others who feel the same way.

Rick

I hear there's a new director in town.

You read his blathering and opinion, which makes you a better man than I.

Have you found the ignore feature? It's great! Thanks to it, I never see anything written by this guy, Cougar Queen and a few others. I only see anything if someone else quotes them. If the developers of this BBS could eliminate even the quotes, I'd be thrilled!

Rick

I'm not going to argue about the quality of the Alumni Association here, but I do not believe the quality has any real effect on who the governor chooses to appoint to our BOR.

UNT

---

TT

---

UT

---

A&M

---

I sat through a workshop on creating effective boards of directors for companies last month. The best performing, most efficient organizations - both for profit and non-profit - had the fewest "inside" directors. They would have the President, then one and at the maximum a second additional person who worked within the organization on the board. The findings were outsiders didn't have any axes to grind, any pet projects and had less personal feelings toward the management and thus made more factual and growth based decisions.

Of course there are exceptions, but outsiders statistically do a better job for most organizations.

• Upvote 1