Obviously Dajon did something wrong this week

TheColonyEagle

He got playing time last week but hasn't seen the field tonight

And McNulty has been really bad.

At this point I don't care. The coaches have mis handled Dajon. They have shown they have no clue how to build up a D1 QB. I hope he transfers so he can be given a fair chance and actually see the field.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

If McNulty starts next year I will probably be mailing back my season tickets. Also the coaching staff should be fired because either they have no idea what they are doing or they are completely inept at recruiting. Either way they have no business at an FBS school.

Edited by meangreenacct
  • Upvote 7
  • Downvote 3

I really hope Dajon and most everyone else leaves. The coaches got to quit this season so they should all quit on the coaches. Nothing else will send a message. Maybe fans not showing up or booing and heckling the coaches for a straight quarter the last home game. Emitt is close enough to be heard by the coaches. I recommend he starts the jeers.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 6

I'm a fan of DW but you can't put tonight on mini. Our defense is weak - I don't think I saw one big hit all night. We are small on the line and UTEP pushed us around all night. Our stock in C-USA is moving down while teams like UTEP, La. Tech and others are rising. It would be one thing to have a down year if you saw signs of hope.

I'm a fan of DW but you can't put tonight on mini. Our defense is weak - I don't think I saw one big hit all night. We are small on the line and UTEP pushed us around all night. Our stock in C-USA is moving down while teams like UTEP, La. Tech and others are rising. It would be one thing to have a down year if you saw signs of hope.

Sure, the defense didn't help, but miniMac didn't move the offense either and more often than not went backwards. It's as much on him and Canales as anyone else.

Three-and-outs are as bad as a turnover, especially with our defense.

• Upvote 1

Mini won't throw the ball unless the WR is completely wide open... He doesn't have the confidence, and why should he with his arm strength, so he just holds the ball too long. It's obvious the defense is loading the box because they know he can't throw! This kills the offense and yes it's a big part of why we only have 100 yards for basically the whole game! Defense was awful too, no one really playing to win or to hit 6! Coaches and players have given up

• Upvote 1

Also, when you are behind by three/four TDs, you have to throw...and, DW - except against FCS competition - throws too many pick sixes to be trusted.

I also agree with the posters who say DW needs to transfer; I've already said that. And, I gave a list of the FCS/DII schools which need QBs next season. That is his skill level. Greer should consider those schools as well. And, McNulty. None of our "top" three should be on an FBS roster.

And, again, there's no shame in that. A quarterback either has the ability to read defenses, go through progressions, and release the ball quickly and accurately or they don't. McNulty, Greer, and Williams do not have those skill for the FBS level. Each would be fine at an FCS or DII where the competition is slower.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 13

Also, when you are behind by three/four TDs, you have to throw...and, DW - except against FCS competition - throws too many pick sixes to be trusted.

I also agree with the posters who say DW needs to transfer; I've already said that. And, I gave a list of the FCS/DII schools which need QBs next season. That is his skill level. Greer should consider those schools as well. And, McNulty. None of our "top" three should be on an FBS roster.

And, again, there's no shame in that. A quarterback either has the ability to read defenses, go through progressions, and release the ball quickly and accurately or they don't. McNulty, Greer, and Williams do not have those skill for the FBS level. Each would be fine at an FCS or DII where the competition is slower.

Greer and McNulty have college-level experience and should be able to do better.

Dajon is a redshirt freshman with limited game time so he's going to make mistakes. But lets see if he's able to correct those mistakes rather than banish him while persisting with a clearly inferior player instead of him.

I hope that Dajon goes away this off season, puts his work in, and is given an opportunity by this staff to prove himself.

Unfortunately I think that Mac has already decided he doesn't like Dajon personally, let alone as a football player, so Mac isn't going to let Dajon sniff the field again. Which is a shame and is as much on the coach as it is the player.

Hard to put in the work when you're never going to be given an opportunity to prove yourself.

Harry, I agree that the defense looked poor and unagressive, however, it seems like the entire team looks deflated with McNulty at qb . Despite the rookie mistakes, Dajon is still our best qb, and even when he isn't playing he is out there pumping up his teammates when the come to the sideline. Everyone knows that McNulty will never lead this team to a winning record but he is hard to overtake because of some cronyism/nepotism. Dajon is only a redshirt freshman, he has time to grow. they need to let him take his lumps and learn from them. We have already seen the best McNulty has to offer and it just isn't good enough. The defense can only watch us go punt so many times before they just get to that "why try" phase.

• Upvote 3

Why are we worried about Dajon? Can he play D Tackle? Is he over recruiting? Scheduling? Play calling? Fundraising? Promotions? Contract negotiations? Marketing?

Rick

Because when the offense scores, the defense gets excited and plays better. When the offense goes 3 and out time after time, the defense gives up and plays worse.

• Upvote 5

Greer and McNulty have college-level experience and should be able to do better.

Dajon is a redshirt freshman with limited game time so he's going to make mistakes. But lets see if he's able to correct those mistakes rather than banish him while persisting with a clearly inferior player instead of him.

I hope that Dajon goes away this off season, puts his work in, and is given an opportunity by this staff to prove himself.

Unfortunately I think that Mac has already decided he doesn't like Dajon personally, let alone as a football player, so Mac isn't going to let Dajon sniff the field again. Which is a shame and is as much on the coach as it is the player.

Hard to put in the work when you're never going to be given an opportunity to prove yourself.

How has he not been given a chance to prove himself?

-He was given a scholarship.

-He was given the opportunity to compete for the starting job in 2013.

-He was given the opportunity to compete for the starting job in 2014.

-He was given the starting job after Greer faltered; and, he started three games.

-He gave Indiana and UAB 42 points off turnover.

He's had plenty of opportunities. He's chosen to waste them by not learning the playbook, not hit the weight room, and not spend time in the film room for two years.

It's time for him to transfer to a school where you don't have to work as hard to succeed: FCS or DII.

What we need is a quarterback who gets with the program from the day he steps foot on campus. Means may be the kids. We'll find out this Spring.

• Upvote 6