UNT hosts Incarnate Word in 2018?

Harry

A friend found this on a future North Texas football schedule site:

http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa/conf-usa/north-texas-mean-green.php

That website just depresses me...as does playing Incarnate Word in anything. How does that game help you at all? Just as the Nicholls State game showed, these games do nothing for you, except give you a win and to see what it is like to be on the other side of a bought victory. Nobody wants to go watch these games, the results show you nothing about what your team will do against your regualr competition, and they don't even bring any fans with them to help you at the gate.

If youre gonna play FCS teams, schedule SFA or SHSU, for goodness sake...they at least have alumni who will go watch their team play that numbers more than 20.

• Upvote 3

Incarnate word. Reminds me of the "order of Nuns" that use to teach me in parochial school. If this is the best that North Texas can bring to Apogee Stadium then season tickets in the Club or anywhere are no longer going to be an option for me. I'll pick my games and buy them at the gate. Absolutely pathetic.

• Upvote 4

Incarnate word. Reminds me of the "order of Nuns" that use to teach me in parochial school. If this is the best that North Texas can bring to Apogee Stadium then season tickets in the Club or anywhere are no longer going to be an option for me. I'll pick my games and buy them at the gate. Absolutely pathetic.

So far, since Apogee has been built, we have hosted or scheduled the following teams to play in Denton at a brand new stadium: Houston, Indiana, Texas Southern, Idaho, Ball State, SMU, Nicholls State, Army, and Incarnate Word.

In the previous 3 years before Apogee, at decrepit-ass Fouts, we hosted Tulsa, Ohio, Army, Rice (back when weren't conference foes), and Kansas State.

I love Apogee--but I continue to wonder how long its gonna be before people who hate athletics around here are going to ask why we spent $78 million dollars to build a facility to play opponents that Fouts hosted, especially when we are in the new i-aa again, after the P5 split away. Wouldn't it be ironic if Lee Jackson and the BOR got replaced because they allowed a huge expenditure to get made on a football stadium?

• Upvote 1

I think the FCS thing is Mac, not RV.

The buying of FCS teams has to do with flexibilty of the schedule. We have over scheduled away OOC games cause RV loves the paycheck game, so we can't schedule one and ones without causing 5 game home seasons. Buying an FCS team makes up for the money game. Simple math.

Problem is, we don't want to spend the money to buy FCS's every year, but we damn sure want the whore game money every year. I mean, we are UNT, so we end up with unbalanced schedules.

Plus, we have been trying to work ourselves out of an RV generated hole for the last 3 years.

I would say this was a good move if I didn't completely expect another whore game to appear very soon on the OOC.

2018 is a weird place for this game. Makes more sense in 2015, 2016, or 2017.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The whole FCS thing reminds me, if we can manage to sneak out 6 wins this season, in order to be bowl eligible we will have to count the Nicholls State win.

Which would mean that even if we filled out the last spot in our 2015 schedule with an FCS opponent, we wouldn't be able to count it towards our bowl eligibility next year. So we'd have to win 6 out of our 11 other games. 7 of which would be on the road.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The buying of FCS teams has to do with flexibilty of the schedule. We have over scheduled away OOC games cause RV loves the paycheck game, so we can't schedule one and ones without causing 5 game home seasons. Buying an FCS team makes up for the money game. Simple math.

Problem is, we don't want to spend the money to buy FCS's every year, but we damn sure want the whore game money every year. I mean, we are UNT, so we end up with unbalanced schedules.

Plus, we have been trying to work ourselves out of an RV generated hole for the last 3 years.

I would say this was a good move if I didn't completely expect another whore game to appear very soon on the OOC.

2018 is a weird place for this game. Makes more sense in 2015, 2016, or 2017.

So enlighten us, how do you propose to fill that giant void of money left behind after we drop the money games? As I am sure you know, RV isn't allowed to operate with a deficit and that revenue is fairly important to the athletic budget. So you have 2 choices, find another million dollar revenue source or cut alot of expenses. What is your proposal?

• Upvote 2

So enlighten us, how do you propose to fill that giant void of money left behind after we drop the money games? As I am sure you know, RV isn't allowed to operate with a deficit and that revenue is fairly important to the athletic budget. So you have 2 choices, find another million dollar revenue source or cut alot of expenses. What is your proposal?

Step 1) Acquire five hookers

Step 2) Call Craig James

Step 3) ???

Step 4) Profit!

• Upvote 3

I expect at least as good a schedule as ULM. Hasn't happened around here.

Yes, people will say "well, ULM has only had 5 home games three of the last 4 years." To that I say:

1) after next year, we will have had 2 of the last 4 years with just 5 home games.

2) look at ULM's home OOC opponents compared to ours.

And they have the least to work with of anyone in FBS.

Winning football games and filling the stadium, both interconnected, are the ultimate responsibility of RV. He has sucked at both for the last 10 years spare one year,which was last year. That is HIS responsibility. He said himself that we wouldn't have to whore ourselves out if we could fill Apogee consistently. To do that you have to win, and win against teams that matter. It's a lot easier to beat teams that matter at home than on the road.

But UNT hasn't been given the opportunity by its own athletic director to beat teams at home that matter since Apogee opened. He only knows one way to do things and lacks any creativity to find a new path.

Hope you like FCS home games, 5 home game seasons, and ass beatings on the road every year, because this AD made perfectly clear on the last podcast that this is the only plan he has for the UNT football schedule.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 3