Einstein at Meangreensports.com

houstonmeangreen

In the article about UNT winning the Homecoming 31-10, they list the stats in the box...but what?? yea...your right...those are the stats for FAU....RV...are you at the buffet again or looking for the next Todd Dodge ???

Let's break this down, shall we? Since someone is begging for proof-reading, I'll happily provide a little.

"In the article about UNT winning the Homecoming 31-10, they list the stats in the box...but what??

For starters, the capitalized "h" in homecoming is unnecessary. Also, who is "they?" You later mention R. V., but I doubt he's actually the writer. You also allude to mystery about whom the writer is with this first "sentence," but then later give hints that you actually know. Perhaps a mystery with revelation is what you were going for, but it's still a pretty hard plot to follow.

Also, your ellipsis should be one space apart from each other . . . just like I did there. I should add that only one question mark is necessary.

"yea...your right...those are the stats for FAU....RV...are you at the buffet again or looking for the next Todd Dodge ???"

Come on, man. You capitalize the "h" in homecoming and then don't start your next sentence with a capital letter? You can do better than that . . . and this is the second time I'll mention the ellipsis. Since someone clearly needs a lesson, here is some more reading on the subject: http://grammar.ccc.commnet.edu/grammar/marks/ellipsis.htm

The ellipsis also indicate that you're omitting a lot of words, so I'm sure the reader is confused as to what they should insert during those breaks. They'd flow a lot better and make more sense as separate sentences.

And I'll say this one more time: It's really only necessary to type one question mark.

Finally, your = possession, you're = "you + are."

Edit: Oh, and when abbreviating proper names, you should use a period and a space after each initial. So, it should be R. V. and not RV.

_____

But seriously, like others have said: It's usually a student that handles a lot of the stat-work for the site and they really don't need to be called out publicly like that. Chill out and calm down. Besides, it looks to me like they've fixed it.

Edited by TheFranchise
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Let's break this down, shall we? Since someone is begging for proof-reading, I'll happily provide a little.

"In the article about UNT winning the Homecoming 31-10, they list the stats in the box...but what??

For starters, the capitalized "h" in homecoming is unnecessary. Also, who is "they?" You later mention R. V., but I doubt he's actually the writer. You also allude to mystery about whom the writer is with this first "sentence," but then later give hints that you actually know. Perhaps a mystery with revelation is what you were going for, but it's still a pretty hard plot to follow.

Also, your ellipsis should be one space apart from each other . . . just like I did there. I should add that only one question mark is necessary.

"yea...your right...those are the stats for FAU....RV...are you at the buffet again or looking for the next Todd Dodge ???"

Come on, man. You capitalize the "h" in homecoming and then don't start your next sentence with a capital letter? You can do better than that . . . and this is the second time I'll mention the ellipsis. Since someone clearly needs a lesson, here is some more reading on the subject: http://grammar.ccc.commnet.edu/grammar/marks/ellipsis.htm

The ellipsis also indicate that you're omitting a lot of words, so I'm sure the reader is confused as to what they should insert during those breaks. They'd flow a lot better and make more sense as separate sentences.

And I'll say this one more time: It's really only necessary to type one question mark.

Edit: Oh, and when abbreviating proper names, you should use a period and a space after each initial. So, it should be R. V. and not RV.

_____

But seriously, like others have said: It's usually a student that handles a lot of the stat-work for the site and they really don't need to be called out publicly like that. Chill out and calm down. Besides, it looks to me like they've fixed it.

WOW....----u really learned me good!!! U must b a genius and all,,,,,I hope you to, two,too calm down !! ok????

• Downvote 3

_____

Don't forget "yea" vs. "yeah".