Eli "Cinco" Howard, DE, San Angelo Central

Marty

Seems like a harmless question to me emmitt. My point being, isn't that a pay site, if so, how would someone over here know? Geez, do you still have dreams of strapping bombs to yourself, and running onto the SMU campus? You need an intervention or some good old fashioned religion.

Shouldn't you be trolling HS boards in the Austin area?

Fair point, but he also has coaches from Tech and NMS in his home last week, why no disdain for those schools?

Because some want to think SMU us our rival.

They aren't.

We can do much better.

If we are going to pick a private school with which to have a rivalry, that school should be Rice.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

Howard will take an official visit to SMU next month, January 16th. SIAP.

There should be some kind of unwritten rule of college gridiron that states when you verbal, you shouldn't be following up with official visits to other schools.

To me it's not a commitment - verbal or whatever - if you're entertaining other offers.

• Upvote 2

There should be some kind of unwritten rule of college gridiron that states when you verbal, you shouldn't be following up with official visits to other schools.

To me it's not a commitment - verbal or whatever - if you're entertaining other offers.

Agree completely. Think of it as being engaged but still screwing around with other women.

• Upvote 2

I understand this viewpoint, but the way I look at it, I have no ill will towards teenage kids looking out for what's best for themselves as they make a major decision that will affect the rest of their lives. If a new school or school comes in that can give you a better education, give you a better college football career, etc comes in late and offers, I just don't see how you can blame a kid visiting or giving serious consideration to every option they have.

On the other side, as a coach, I'm letting each and every one of my commits know from the time they commit that if they start taking visits then they give me free reign to start recruiting players at their position. And seriously recruiting other players, as in inviting on official visits and offering. If another player or players take that commits spot while he's still wavering and going on visits, then he lost his spot. And that's how plenty of coaches do things.

• Upvote 3