Eli "Cinco" Howard, DE, San Angelo Central

Marty

Marty, where'd you find this info?? Inside info? I like what I see and he's huge!! Needs a tad bit quicker first step, nothing a redshirt year can't fix. Dang he's violent!

We offered him a while back, he's visited, and Vito even did a story on him. I thought I had made a thread on him, but I guess not. So good job, Marty. Edited by BillySee58

• 4 weeks later...

Committed per Vito!

Like NT03 and I said above, we're not sure what happened to his original thread. He held FCS offers from Sam Houston State and Stephen F Austin, but I want to say we reported in his original thread that UTSA offered at some point.

Per his max preps profile he racked up 61 tackles with 6 sacks and 1 interception for the 9 games which he had stats recorded for. He was originally a QB, and just started play defense last year as a junior. Could really be starting to get a hold of the position.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Eli-Howard-168020

http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=8&c=1&nid=7665904

Edited by BillySee58
  • Upvote 1

This is great news, guys.

If you rearrange the letters in Eli Howard, you get:

A Wild Hero

Halo Wired

I Herald: OW!

This guy is obviously a hero with a good, moral upbringing and he's going to rain pain on opposing offenses.

Welcome, Eli. We need more virtuous heroes to inflict pain on our enemies.

According to his Twitter, ACU was in-home visiting and NMSU offered.

Yup.

https://twitter.com/elihoward5/status/536715812108005377

Also was named district 3-6A defensive MVP. I know they're not what they used to be, but that district has the Odessa and Midland schools, as well as Abilene. Very impressive. Pairing this kid with Sam Miller and Tillman Johnson a grade ahead should give us a great rotation at DE.

• Upvote 2

DE Eli Howard, Central (San Angelo, TX)

I mentioned Howard briefly yesterday so I figured I'd catch up with him. He's a promising player in my view, because he's still so new to playing d-end. He also has good size and a bit of a bounce to his step.

"I have three offers; North Texas, Sam Houston and SFA. I also hear from Boise St., Yale, Princeton, New Mexico, TCU, UTSA, SMU, TXST and a little from UT. I think more offers will come. Last year I was 235, now I'm 250."

"Texas State wants to see me this season. They were the first school to show interestin me. I went to to a Spring scrimmage/unoffical visit. They have my transcript and scores. I'm kind of bummed because I figured I'd have an offer from them by now but we talk so often so I'm thankful for that."

I think this kid is poised for a big year. I'd offer ASAP if I was on the Bobcat staff.

Read more: https://texasstate.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1659372

Biggest thing I saw out of this kid was his eyes. He had a good feel for deciphering the play and making something happen. Decent block shedding skills. Not too fast, but has good drive and pursuit skills. He is only going to get better over time with the right coaching. I dont see him as an immediate impact guy. He could use a RS to get stronger on develop those skills. Being an ex QB you could tell on some of those plays he was reading the QB's eyes.

• Upvote 2