GMG.com Barbershop Podcast #139 pre-Homecoming

Harry

gallery_1_23_481.jpg

Evan and Harry discuss the UNT football State of the Union as well as discuss the upcoming homecoming game against FAU and other odds and ends. We try to focus on the positives this week but alas it proved difficult so we veer off into some Denton love.

http://www.gomeangreen.com/forums/podcast/gmgpod139.mp3

Click here for direct audio link

This post has been promoted to an article

Now I've listened to the Podcast replay...

Couldn't agree more that player evaluation , specifically at the QB position, for some reason failed. Mac has probably already had several migraines about that. As a CEO I got my butt kicked a couple of times TOO, but good leaders rapidly adjust. Mac is a good leader and good for UNT and its community, but he will have to act on this issue. He knows he can't just hope for the best.

Your comments on the O-line... again, I think if any of our QBs could read the defense, and then make a few consistent passes, the run game would break open. I don't blame the O-line for the lack of run production. If I am the other team's D-Coordinator I would simply box in and blitz all the time with these QBs. If a pass gets completed on me, not really a big deal, probably won't happen much - so box-in. That's not the O-line's fault.

I really do see UNT improving in the future. It has too many tangibles in place of late; bowl win, stadium, student growth, nice looking red shirts and renewed interest developing. I would like to hear Harry and Evan discuss how the G-5 conferences might organize to put out a great college football product in light of the new semi-pro P-5 carve out. Maybe I missed a previous discussion, my bad.

GO MEAN GREEN, BEAT FAU. RUN THE TABLE MAC !!

• Upvote 1