UTEP game time announced

BillySee58

For those pining for MWC membership, this is the time every road game would be.

It really doesn't matter, in the big picture. Once the P5s fully pull away, any conference setup where the majority of your travel is beyond a 2 hour flight is going to be an ender.

I will say this, again, one of the two biggest winners in the realignment game was TCU, along with Utah. TCU went out west, with Texas HS talent, and beat the hell out of the MWC teams often. They turned that league experience into two BCS bowl games, 1 Rose Bowl win, several ranked seasons, and the best prize of all, the spot in a P5 conference, which as of right now, is set to give them a spot in the upcoming playoff, according to cbssports.com.

Even though TCU, Utah, and BYU are gone, they replaced them with Boise State, Fresno State, and Nevada, all of whom have solid programs and recent success of varied note. If things stayed remotely close to how they are now, the Texas schools that would've eventually been courted by the MWC would be setup to follow TCU's path, in my opinion. Plus, the basketball out there is just flat out awesome, between New Mexico, San Diego State, UNLV, and Utah State.

CUSA is the best setup UNT has ever had in a conference in 40 years. I am eternally grateful to the Big East thinking that SMU would help their conference stay at a P5 level, opening up that spot for us. But I am not acting like CUSA is something spectacular for our fans, aside from having a few more recognizable schools to play against and travel to a lot easier. Going to Houston, San Antonio, El Paso, and Ruston are significant upgrades from traveling to Monroe, Jonesboro, Troy, and Mobile (really any SBC vista not in Lafayatte, LA). But the current environment in college football is changing so fast that the G5s are going to force to consolidate into conferences that are more regional, no matter how hard it is going to be for some to handle that (SMU to UNT, La Tech to ULM, UTEP to NMSU).

9 pm central time. 8 pm mountain time for those in attendance in El Paso.

I was going to mention this as well. A bunch of people didn't believe me when I told them that El Paso was the only part of Texas that was in the Mountain Time Zone.