Freshman Combs impresses at hoops preview

Harry

Jeremy Combs made quite the impression during his unofficial debut at North Texas on Thursday during the school’s Basketball Madness tipoff event at the Super Pit.

The freshman from Dallas Carter made a host of athletic plays during a scrimmage and then won a dunk contest at the end of the night, which also featured a 3-point shooting contest and a scrimmage for the women’s team.

“Jeremy is a really good athlete,” UNT men’s coach Tony Benford said. “I have been doing this 24 years, and he is really talented. There was a day where Jeremy was having one of those practices where he was scoring, running the floor and blocking shots, and [senior forward] Colin Voss turned to me and said, ‘Coach, how’d we get him? He’s awesome.’ He has a chance to be really good.”

Read more: http://www.dentonrc.com/sports/colleges/north-texas-headlines/20141024-basketball-freshman-combs-impresses-at-hoops-preview.ece

Hey boys, being more of a football guy myself, what is the official commit date in college basketball. I know about February for Fball. North Texas Head Coaches Gene Robbins and mainly Bill Blakely were my basketball honchos in the day. Blakely and his teams were FUN ! Blakely would throw tirades and toss his suit coat onto the floor, got us fans/students all fired up and po'd at the refs and the other team. NT whipped SMU at Moody with Stan Blackman on the floor , big and bad under the basket. I was at that game, SMU fans hated being beat by NT then and still have "I can't believe it" problems now. Our NT fan contingent at the game in Dallas gave them hell. Hope it returns. GMG

• Upvote 1

Hey boys, being more of a football guy myself, what is the official commit date in college basketball. I know about February for Fball. North Texas Head Coaches Gene Robbins and mainly Bill Blakely were my basketball honchos in the day. Blakely and his teams were FUN ! Blakely would throw tirades and toss his suit coat onto the floor, got us fans/students all fired up and po'd at the refs and the other team. NT whipped SMU at Moody with Stan Blackman on the floor , big and bad under the basket. I was at that game, SMU fans hated being beat by NT then and still have "I can't believe it" problems now. Our NT fan contingent at the game in Dallas gave them hell. Hope it returns. GMG

11/13 one week early signing period.

• Upvote 1