UNT Football Scholarship Spreadsheet

NorthTexan95

Big update today!  I've always been frustrated by the constant changes of the team roster and trying to keep the spreadsheet updated.  I believe I have that solved now.

I've completely updated the spread to a new (but similar) format.  It will now allow me to basically cut and paste the entire roster form MeanGreenSports.com into the spreadsheet and almost all of the calculations will automatically total.  It will require a little reformatting of the data on my end but it'll take maybe 15 minutes. The one data point that won't automatically calculate is who's on scholarship.  I'll still have to update that manually.  

The official football roster is always in a state of change when it comes to players, player numbers, and player positions.  It's always very tedious to find all the changes so I only do this a few times a year.  This new format will allow me update the spreadsheet much more often with the only real work being to keep track of who's on a scholarship. However, who's on scholarship and the number of scholarships available is always a moving target but with everyone's help we can try to keep it as updated as possible.   

One more thing ... you'll notice there are no seniors on the roster.  UNT has already removed seniors but has not updated anyone's class.  

Edited by NorthTexan95
  • Upvote 4

• 1 month later...

I pretty sure Mylam Peters and Quinetin Jackson were brought in on scholarship. 

I would be very surprised if Quinn Shanbour, Cannon Maki have not both been placed on scholarship at this point after having been in the program for 2 years.  

Kway Hill came from LA Valley by way of Georgia, not sure of his status, but he is a long way from home to be paying his own way.

I thought Julius Combes came in as a walkon, not sure if he has been put on ship.

Edited by TreeFiddy
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, TreeFiddy said:

I pretty sure Mylam Peters and Quinetin Jackson were brought in on scholarship. 

I would be very surprised if Quinn Shanbour, Cannon Maki have not both been placed on scholarship at this point after having been in the program for 2 years.  

Kway Hill came from LA Valley by way of Georgia, not sure of his status, but he is a long way from home to be paying his own way.

I thought Julius Combes came in as a walkon, not sure if he has been put on ship.

Mylam Peters yes I believe Jackson was pwo tho

• Upvote 1

On 2/9/2017 at 0:00 PM, UNTLifer said:

Is the scholarship information accurate?

No.  That's one of the very difficult things to keep track of.  Probably 90% of it is accurate but there are a few that probably on scholly but not listed on the spreadsheet.  That's why I always ask for help. 

On 2/8/2017 at 6:38 PM, TheReal_jayD said:

Mylam Peters yes I believe Jackson was pwo tho

I added a scholly to Peters. 

• 4 months later...

To add some updates with the spreadsheet now that the roster has been updated:

- Devlin Isadore and Devin O'Hara are both listed as being on scholarship but neither are.

- Conversely, Quinn Shanbour is on scholarship. He is also a redshirt junior after receiving another year of eligibility.

- Terrance Johnson and Julius Combes are both listed as being on scholarship but neither are.

- William Lemasters is listed as being on scholarship but he is not. At least to my knowledge. 

- Kway Hill is no longer on the roster. I'm sure there are plenty of walkons no longer on the roster, and new ones we need to add, but I didn't go through them all.

- Wylie Reinhardt had to give up football due to injury

- Kel Straubmueller is listed as being on scholarship but I am not aware of when that move to put him on scholarship happened if it did. Does anyone know if/when that was announced?

- The fall-enrollee signees have been added. This includes junior DB Kemon Hall who apparently will be a blueshirt, meaning he will be a scholarship player this season.

- Grad transfer OL Riley Mayfield joins the team on scholarship as a redshirt junior

- JUCO transfer OL Sosaia Mose joins the team on scholarship as a redshirt sophomore 

- We announced 16 high-school signees on signing day. One is already on the spreadsheet in early-enrollee Cade Pearson. The other 15 have been added as well. They are:

DB Cameron Johnson

DL Tony Krasniqi

DL Dion Novil

LB Kody Fulp

LB Chris Thornton

OL Jacob Brammer

OL Manase Mose

OL Dakoda Newman

OL Brian Parish

RB Evan Johnson

RB Tre Siggers

S Tyreke Davis

S Makyle Sanders

WR Jaelon Darden

WR Greg White

- Also, freshman DB Jordan Roberts and freshman OL Brendon Weatherspoon are both reportedly joining the team as blueshirts as well. So they should be listed as scholarship players as well.

By my count we have 73 scholarship players this year. 18 of which are offensive linemen. That means 1/4 of our scholarship players are offensive linemen.

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

To add some updates with the spreadsheet now that the roster has been updated:

- Devlin Isadore and Devin O'Hara are both listed as being on scholarship but neither are.

- Conversely, Quinn Shanbour is on scholarship. He is also a redshirt junior after receiving another year of eligibility.

- Terrance Johnson and Julius Combes are both listed as being on scholarship but neither are.

- William Lemasters is listed as being on scholarship but he is not. At least to my knowledge. 

- Kway Hill is no longer on the roster. I'm sure there are plenty of walkons no longer on the roster, and new ones we need to add, but I didn't go through them all.

- Wylie Reinhardt had to give up football due to injury

- Kel Straubmueller is listed as being on scholarship but I am not aware of when that move to put him on scholarship happened if it did. Does anyone know if/when that was announced?

- The fall-enrollee signees have been added. This includes junior DB Kemon Hall who apparently will be a blueshirt, meaning he will be a scholarship player this season.

- Grad transfer OL Riley Mayfield joins the team on scholarship as a redshirt junior

- JUCO transfer OL Sosaia Mose joins the team on scholarship as a redshirt sophomore 

- We announced 16 high-school signees on signing day. One is already on the spreadsheet in early-enrollee Cade Pearson. The other 15 have been added as well. They are:

DB Cameron Johnson

DL Tony Krasniqi

DL Dion Novil

LB Kody Fulp

LB Chris Thornton

OL Jacob Brammer

OL Manase Mose

OL Dakoda Newman

OL Brian Parish

RB Evan Johnson

RB Tre Siggers

S Tyreke Davis

S Makyle Sanders

WR Jaelon Darden

WR Greg White

- Also, freshman DB Jordan Roberts and freshman OL Brendon Weatherspoon are both reportedly joining the team as blueshirts as well. So they should be listed as scholarship players as well.

By my count we have 73 scholarship players this year. 18 of which are offensive linemen. That means 1/4 of our scholarship players are offensive linemen.

I think someone should forward this to 247 because our roster on there is literal garbage.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, AustinFromUNT said:

I think someone should forward this to 247 because our roster on there is literal garbage.

Their roster information is a joke.  I think they had a basketball player listed as a DB.

• Upvote 2

On 6/25/2017 at 11:13 PM, THOR said:

so we are still 12 scholarships short? damn...whem will we catch up?

In the next two cycles hopefully.  Most schools play between 73-79 scholarship kids. Gotta figure in losing kids for ______ reason. 

• Harry unpinned this topic