UNT Football Scholarship Spreadsheet

NorthTexan95

4 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Will Bendy be missed?  Had he produced anything?

It hurts to lose underclassmen right now. Projecting our roster down the line, we aren't just going to be short on scholarship players this year.

Right now we have 62 scholarship players on our roster, and 30 of those are seniors and juniors. These blueshirt players we are expecting to add in the next week will both count towards/take away spots from our 2017 class and still not be here come 2018, Littrell's third year.

So we're looking at 32 current scholarship players we expect to still have come 2018, less than 25 players in our 2017 class who will still be here by 2018 (depending on how many blueshirts end up counting and showing up), and 25 spots for 2018. So we're looking at about 77 scholarship players come 2018, and that's if everyone here stays and all the signees make it in over the next two years, which is unrealistic to think will happen. Littrell could run into an issue with roster management down the line, so we can't afford these young guys to be leaving en masse.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, BillySee58 said:

It hurts to lose underclassmen right now. Projecting our roster down the line, we aren't just going to be short on scholarship players this year.

Right now we have 62 scholarship players on our roster, and 30 of those are seniors and juniors. These blueshirt players we are expecting to add in the next week will both count towards/take away spots from our 2017 class and still not be here come 2018, Littrell's third year.

So we're looking at 32 current scholarship players we expect to still have come 2018, less than 25 players in our 2017 class who will still be here by 2018 (depending on how many blueshirts end up counting and showing up), and 25 spots for 2018. So we're looking at about 77 scholarship players come 2018, and that's if everyone here stays and all the signees make it in over the next two years, which is unrealistic to think will happen. Littrell could run into an issue with roster management down the line, so we can't afford these young guys to be leaving en masse.

A scholarship transfer kid counts against the total number, but do they count against te class limit?

Just wondering if we might see a larger than usually number of transfers to help with roster management and depth...

23 minutes ago, Army of Dad said:

A scholarship transfer kid counts against the total number, but do they count against te class limit?

Just wondering if we might see a larger than usually number of transfers to help with roster management and depth...

As long as they come in on scholarship from day 1, then yes a scholarship transfer counts. See the introductions of Bryce English and Alec Morris as part of our 2016 signing class.

12 hours ago, baberuthbomber8 said:

I"m guessing we wont get confirmation about the remaining JUCO guys like Johnson, Haynes, Turner, etc till camp starts?

11 hours ago, BillySee58 said:

Looking like it. I think camp starts in 5 days

Per UNT officials on JUCO roster additions " In regards to any juco guys, yes, we are waiting until they are all enrolled and cleared to be announced, so once we have that, we will add them at that point."

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Mean_Green09 said:

Per UNT officials on JUCO roster additions " In regards to any juco guys, yes, we are waiting until they are all enrolled and cleared to be announced, so once we have that, we will add them at that point."

add them? I'm guessing that this means add them to the official roster on the team website i'm assuming?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, baberuthbomber8 said:

add them? I'm guessing that this means add them to the official roster on the team website i'm assuming?

It has been standard practice with late signees not to add them to they are actually enrolled in camp. Some have a few hoops to jump through before they can be officially admitted. 

I've updated the spreadsheet to reflect the official roster as of this morning.  I've completely rebuilt the roster to a new format.   My hope is this format will allow me to make large number of changes much quicker.   Let me know if you see any mistakes.  I'm sure there are some incoming kids that are on scholarship that I don't have marked. 

• 1 month later...