McNulty named starter for Rice game

Harry

Well at least the worst of my Saturday will be over by 2 ish. Is there anyway Rice will over look us or seek revenge from last years loss?

I will rock my green and pray for a miracle on Grass. Maybe our Defense steps up, Maybe our O-line decides to blocks. The Jimmy Show will get his yards regardless

I thought the possibility of a miracle on grass were squashed during the Dodge era?
  • Upvote 1

Before Coach Mac got here, our alumni didn't even have TVs.

It was great to get TV and finally learn what everybody at work was talking about. Before then, when we all sat around on Saturday afternoons watching the radio, I never could figure out why we were doing that, except that all those different colored tubes looked kind of cool. Then, we got that first TV and I realized: we had been watching the radio to practice watching the TVs that Mac was bringing.

• Upvote 2

Well, until DW can quit throwing lazy passes to the opposing team, I do not see much alternative.

DW was more dynamic but if he is not going to put forth the effort to be a team leader because he wants to have his little pouting fits, then so be it.

This season is a train wreck already and the blame lands at the feet of the Big 3: HC, DC, OC

• Upvote 2

McNulty just doesn't have the moxie to make the big plays when they're needed to jolt the team. Dajon can, but I understand the reservations about him given his attitude demeanor and poor play against UAB.

But this game is going to be like USM. A further demonstration of two teams moving in opposite directions.

I firmly believe that we need changes at OC and DC next year if we're to have any kind of success. Certainly Canales has proved he can't develop a QB in his time here.

• Upvote 1

McNulty just doesn't have the moxie to make the big plays when they're needed to jolt the team. Dajon can, but I understand the reservations about him given his attitude demeanor and poor play against UAB.

But this game is going to be like USM. A further demonstration of two teams moving in opposite directions.

I firmly believe that we need changes at OC and DC next year if we're to have any kind of success. Certainly Canales has proved he can't develop a QB in his time here.

The QB situation is scary as hell. If Dajon can't see the field now because of leadership issues, it is never going to happen. We are as desperate as you can be right now at the QB position.

I strongly disagree about DC though. Last year we were all praising coach Skladany as the best kept secret in college football. The D is struggling this year. However, I still believe that we have the best DC we are probably going to be able to get and keep. I don't want coach Skladany going anywhere right now. He will rebuild the defense.

It is the offense that I worry about in the future. I really like Chico as a man and as an ambassador for the school. But, it is hard to ignore the fact that the offense has never had a break out year since he has been here. I really don't know whether this has to do with Mac, Chico or both and I certainly don't have an answer.

One thing that I do know is that Mac has made it difficult on himself by constantly mentioning how bare the cupboard was when he got here. Well, it looks pretty bare right now and there are no excuses for not having consistent, above average success at this level (P5). We have a beautiful campus that keeps getting better, great facilities and a good location. Our fan support could be better. But, it is certainly not bad considering our history over the last 10 years. The time for excuses is over.

• Upvote 3