McNulty named starter for Rice game

Harry

I suppose that this announcement would've caused some controversy and debate about a month ago.

And now here's the one time I'm ever, in my life, going to make an "At least with Dodge statement." At least with Dodge, as horrible as we were, deservedly permanent residents of the bottom 10, laughing stock of the nation, hapless and hopeless, at least back then, the fans still cared. I don't know what Mac's doing anymore, and I don't really care.

• Upvote 2

Well at least the worst of my Saturday will be over by 2 ish. Is there anyway Rice will over look us or seek revenge from last years loss?

I will rock my green and pray for a miracle on Grass. Maybe our Defense steps up, Maybe our O-line decides to blocks. The Jimmy Show will get his yards regardless

Well, if McNulty is going to start, can the OC work around his strengths so he can have an impact on the game?

His strength is supposed to be mobility and running...why not use it? We ran the ball with DT, surely McNulty can run to keep defenses honest.

Scoring only 20 on usm at home is the equivalent to getting blown out by Indiana and uab on the road. That was a below average game. Unacceptable.

At least give McNulty a decent chance to win the game instead of not lose it.

At this point I'm not even thinking about QB. It's a disaster. I could see Minimac driving this team next year similar to DT, if we had all of the other 2013 parts of the system and he had all of this year to get experience. DW has some skills, but he's shown me why he wasn't getting playing time and I haven't seen anything from him to show otherwise. There were hints about our coach's inability to manage QBs last year when we didn't see any meaningful playing time from other QBs in the games that we had under control.

The bad defense has me most worried.

I'm already dreading next year's $mut game.

Well at least the worst of my Saturday will be over by 2 ish. Is there anyway Rice will over look us or seek revenge from last years loss?

I will rock my green and pray for a miracle on Grass. Maybe our Defense steps up, Maybe our O-line decides to blocks. The Jimmy Show will get his yards regardless

It won't matter. If you have viewed any Rice games you would know for sure our defense cannot stop them.

• Upvote 1

IMHO McNulty didn't really do anything to lose the job. We could still theoretically get to a bowl game, so if he gives us the best chance to win put him out there and give him a chance to make some plays. Until we have 7 losses i am not a fan of the "let's just play for next year" attitude regardless of how unlikely the circumstances.

• Upvote 3

Well, if McNulty is going to start, can the OC work around his strengths so he can have an impact on the game?

His strength is supposed to be mobility and running...why not use it? We ran the ball with DT, surely McNulty can run to keep defenses honest.

Scoring only 20 on usm at home is the equivalent to getting blown out by Indiana and uab on the road. That was a below average game. Unacceptable.

At least give McNulty a decent chance to win the game instead of not lose it.

No I don't think our OC can tailor to the strengths of any QB or develop a QB from the ground up. He sure seems unable to recruit them. Maybe if the QB was exceptional; enough he could over come our OC.

IMHO McNulty didn't really do anything to lose the job. We could still theoretically get to a bowl game, so if he gives us the best chance to win put him out there and give him a chance to make some plays. Until we have 7 losses i am not a fan of the "let's just play for next year" attitude regardless of how unlikely the circumstances.

He didnt do anything to win the job either. Our best drives of the season were with dajon. He has given us the best qb play. He has also given us the worst. Against weak comp, dajon has looked real good. Usm was a weak team. He could have lit them up. Instead we went with McNulty. We lost to a bad team. He did not look bad, but he did not look good either.

Out of all our qbs, dajon is the only one that has had some successful drives against decent comp.

Like some have said, he just needed the playcalling to be more conservative.

We lost to usm. McNulty could be benched for that alone. I would rather means get experience these last 5 games if we cant even win usm.

What happens if we start getting blown by rice? Something tells me Rice is going to get a lead, McNulty is going to struggle and dajon comes in the second half. Hes going to look good and we are all going to wonder what if he would have started against usm.

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1

It doesn't matter if we are the worst team or the best team, I never miss a game if I have the opportunity to see our team on the field.

UNT alumni need to comprehend that this program was almost never on TV before last season and now they are on almost every weekend. They need to tune in to show their support even if we are 2-5. Basketball doesn't matter until the first tip off. This is football season and the Gridiron is where everyone's support should be but go ahead if you must and tear this comment apart basketball die hards.

• Upvote 1