This is Dan McCarney's football team

UNT90

DMac said when he got here, we were the slowest, smallest team in FBS. DMac said that would change through recruiting and off-season conditioning programs.

Four years later. Four years of arguably worse recruiting than in the Dodge years, and what I see is a football team that looks remarkably similar to the last team Dodge put on the field.

We all talked preseason how this would be the team that determined whether Mac was a recruiting genius, finding and developing underrated players, or if he had just failed to recruit as well as his predecessor.

That answer is becoming painfully obvious.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 6

I don't know , I think that last season of TD we saw a more competitive team... A team that was just full of injuries.. I was at the Clemson game and we gave them all they could handle

Me too, and I'll agree except I think Dodge's defense may have been a tad better? This D line is possibly the worse I've seen in 7 years.

Rick

Me too, and I'll agree except I think Dodge's defense may have been a tad better? This D line is possibly the worse I've seen in 7 years.

Rick

I agree. Clemson had several NFL guys on that offense , including some that are stars right now... Remember how quiet that stadium was a halftime ??

I still think Clemson is one of the best places I've ever been to for a football game. Great atmosphere & fans

I don't know , I think that last season of TD we saw a more competitive team... A team that was just full of injuries.. I was at the Clemson game and we gave them all they could handle

A little off topic, but if I recall correctly we would have really given them all they could handle if not for a pitiful "excessive celebration" penalty right before the half. Ended up having to kick-off from the 20 and they got good field position and scored before halftime.

I agree that Dodge seemed to be dogged with injuries at least one year. We were on our 3rd string QB I believe. How many teams can win with their 3rd string QB? Few, if any.

I agree. Clemson had several NFL guys on that offense , including some that are stars right now... Remember how quiet that stadium was a halftime ??

I still think Clemson is one of the best places I've ever been to for a football game. Great atmosphere & fans

Yes, yes, and yes,... Plus possibly the most beautiful campuses I've ever walked across to date. I'd love to go back some day.

Rick

• Upvote 1

A little off topic, but if I recall correctly we would have really given them all they could handle if not for a pitiful "excessive celebration" penalty right before the half. Ended up having to kick-off from the 20 and they got good field position and scored before halftime.

I agree that Dodge seemed to be dogged with injuries at least one year. We were on our 3rd string QB I believe. How many teams can win with their 3rd string QB? Few, if any.

So you are saying we don't win again this year?

• Upvote 1

We are starting the 3rd team QB, ya know.

Yeah, I almost put that in my reply. Honestly didn't think about it with my initial post, but I got what you meant :cry:

At least with Dodge it was due to injury instead of just not having a QB. We basically have (3) 3rd string QB's though I would argue that DW has the potential to be much more than that. McNulty and Greer...not so much.