such a great stadium, atmosphere tonight

Harry

I couldn't help but wonder -- when we can provide a consistent winning product how neat it will be.

This stadium is awesome. Great cool weather tonight and great student turnout for a 204 (now 2-5 team). Outstanding tailgating.

So many of the pieces are in place. If we could just have some consistency. It's going to happen it's just a matter of when. GMG

I couldn't help but wonder -- when we can provide a consistent winning product how neat it will be.

This stadium is awesome. Great cool weather tonight and great student turnout for a 204 (now 2-5 team). Outstanding tailgating.

So many of the pieces are in place. If we could just have some consistency. It's going to happen it's just a matter of when. GMG

Agreed!!

Did anyone catch the Dan Mullen interview last weekend? Very appropriate for UNT. Everyone at Miss. St. was saying they needed to win to get fans to the game, but he said it was the opposite. He held the theory that if the fans would come and support the team, give home field advantage, etc., that the wins would come. Could be coincidence, but he seems prophetic.

Agreed. The reason you go to the game needs to be mostly about the atmosphere and the good time that you have when going, because that is what you have control over. Wins and losses will come and go. Tailgating is getting better with each passing game. If I were the AD, I would look at things I could do to improve the pre/post game experience.

• Upvote 1

Yesterday was one of my rare kitchen pass game days. The tailgating keeps getting better. The integration with downtown for post game opportunities that don't involve underage kids slamming shots from plastic well bottles is a huge improvement.

I think I avoided catching any viral infections from the royal inn.

A great afternoon, a great evening, safe if a little sketchy accommodations. 10/10 would buy again.

• Upvote 2

I couldn't make it to the game and gave my section 105 tickets to a single Mom who is an alum and her preteen son. She hadn't been to a game at Apogee yet and her son had never been to any college game before. The son followed SMU because his aunt works there. After the game, he's a Mean Green fan and Mom's school spirit has returned. This morning at church I was asking them about the game and they were thrilled. I told her I wish we'd won to which she said yes, but the atmosphere was so great they loved the experience.

Yes, we gained fans in a loss.

By the way, she didn't think McNulty was why we lost. She said Creekview High School could move the ball on our defense.

• Upvote 4

We do have a wonderful stadium, great place to play...loud !! and the tailgating is great...so much fun...its a party win or lose !! always fun ! So, this is what we get in year FOUR of DanMac ?..poor management at a minimum !! All the "hot air" from Mac last season and now this !!! "Just the Begining"...of what ...another Todd Dodge era !