i just don't get it...

BIG DAWG

Im wondering why cant dajon or Greer improve, but DT could? I see the same posters who praise a 5th year senior for finally giving us average D1 play at times, blast underclassmwn who have 2 or 3 more years left. Dajon and greer can have a terrible year in 2015 and 2016 and still get in the UNT hof.

dajon can actually go into 2017, still throw pick 6s, and become a UNT legend if the special teams and defense is strong.

We act like qb turnovers are something new all of a sudden. Like they cant be tolerated. We're arguing over which pathetic defense this qb or that qb beat up on.

NONE of our qbs have done well against an average defense. Not even DT. There is an issue with evaluation, game planning, preparation, etc.

None of our qbs seem to be prepared early in these games. No matter who it is.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

No coach worth a crap starts a guy who won't put in the effort or attitude--by his own admission--required. Not going to happen unless it is the only option.

Yes. If DW won't put in the work, he can't start. If he is willing to work, he has skills but he HAS to work to make them useful. Otherwise, he a turnover machine.

MacNulty won't do anything to screw it up ie turnovers so yes I agree Jim its his job to lose now.

To his credit he didn't play a bad game against USM. Main thing was he did not turn the ball over.

If the Southern Miss players knew how to put their left and right hands together when his passes ended up right in between them multiple times this would be a moot point.

Of course, then UNT90 couldn't continue his personal crusade to harp on the UAB game.

Im wondering why cant dajon or Greer improve, but DT could? I see the same posters who praise a 5th year senior for finally giving us average D1 play at times, blast underclassmwn who have 2 or 3 more years left. Dajon and greer can have a terrible year in 2015 and 2016 and still get in the UNT hof.

dajon can actually go into 2017, still throw pick 6s, and become a UNT legend if the special teams and defense is strong.

We act like qb turnovers are something new all of a sudden. Like they cant be tolerated. We're arguing over which pathetic defense this qb or that qb beat up on.

NONE of our qbs have done well against an average defense. Not even DT. There is an issue with evaluation, game planning, preparation, etc.

None of our qbs seem to be prepared early in these games. No matter who it is.

Because DT had a work ethic that made the coaches trust him on and off the field. Plus, he was a really good quarterback - the best D-I/FBS QB we ever had.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

2014_spring_today_heart-of-dallas-win_54

"We won't miss him."

"Any QB on this year's roster can do what DT did last year."

"We will be better this year because DT WON'T be here."

These preseason quotes brought to you by the geniuses on GMG.com.

We miss you terribly, DT, and didnt realize what we had until you were gone.

It's ok. I'll say it for those too stubborn and prideful to admit they were wrong.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 5

"We won't miss him."

It's ok. I'll say it for those too stubborn and prideful to admit they were wrong.

Never ever would DT have been wallowing in self-pity on twitter.

It took me until his senior year to admit I was wrong about him. I openly mocked his signing. But, at the end of the day - as our current roster of QBs are sadly proving - college football is not easy at this level.

Derek persevered on and off the field. Through injury. Through losing seasons. Through coaching changes.

Imagine a quarterback in 2014 with his mental toughness and knowledge of the playbook.

Hope McNulty will step up to the plate and help deliver a victory this weekend. Notice I say help deliver a victory. It's a team game. If everyone can cut down the mistakes at every position and hit their assignments, this team can still win. But, everybody has to help.

• Upvote 3

"We won't miss him."

Dude, you're slightly obsessed. It's kind of creepy.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

This year is not a sign of how "good" we had it with DT, it's a sign of how bad this staff is in recruiting; particularly QB's and DT's. Our size on D has to average pound for pound as one of the smallest in D1, not just DL but across the board. We are small in all the wrong places and slow in all the other wrong places. I hope we play to win the games remaining while rotating in players to gain playing experience.

• Upvote 1

"We won't miss him."

It's ok. I'll say it for those too stubborn and prideful to admit they were wron

Just a hypothetical, but what do you think our record would be with DT this year if he had one extra year? With the same defense we have this year? I see no difference in W-L maybe..maybe 1 extra win so 3-4

Texas- L

SMU- W

La Tech- L

Nichols State- W

Indiana- L

UAB- W/L

USM- L

Edited by Withers940
  • Upvote 1

Just a hypothetical, but what do you think our record would be with DT this year if he had one extra year? With the same defense we have this year? I see no difference in W-L maybe..maybe 1 extra win so 3-4

Texas- L

SMU- W

La Tech- L

Nichols State- W

Indiana- L

UAB- W/L

USM- L

I think the record would be similar, but nothing about UAB was close, so if we were going to be able to add a win, it would have been USM.

I think the record would be similar, but nothing about UAB was close, so if we were going to be able to add a win, it would have been USM.

If you take the 21 points scored off the 2 pick six's and the fumble for a TD. Then the other turnover that may or may not of happen you could possibly take 28 point off the board. That puts it at 21-28. Its all hypothetical anyways.

Also the D gave up more than 500 yards against USM so That game wasnt as close as the scoreboard says.