Depth....

SSP

Considering the fact that everyone seems to think that we are not a young team....... we are an inexperienced team.

But more so..... Our depth is THE BIGGEST reason for concern. Defense in particular.

We have a lot of new injuries coming in. And a lot of people saying that these new guys haven't been on the field..... Let's hope that the minimal depth we have is enough to prove that Mac can recruit well AND HOPEFULLY WE KEEP THESE GUYS CLEAR FROM INJURY the rest of the season.

There are a multitude of our guys that are absolutely in a world of pain at 23 years of age. Also consider that when you talk your trash. This is not the NFL.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Mac said at the beginning of the year the biggest question is if NT could backfill and prove they have surpassed the hump with recruiting. With his latest admission that the team has less talent and its recent performance, we're all staring at the answer we were hoping to avoid. If you're implying it's more injuries than anything, I'm hoping you're right....

• Upvote 1

This has everything to do with recruiting, or lack thereof, if we are struggling with depth who's mothafu*kin fault is that?!?!?! Our coaching staff blows, point blank. And I've been stating this since I've been following North Texas (since McCarney has come on). I can only imagine what you poor folks have went through since most of you are advocates of this joke of a coaching staff. Dude is a loser. There is no nice way to say it.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 12

We've already discussed the mystery exodus that is classes 2011 and 2012. Are we seeing a similar trend from the 2013 class, or is it intact?

The 2013 class is mostly intact. That class we only signed 14 high school kids, so it was pretty small. Only one of those high school kids has left. As I've said before, not all offers are listed on every kid's recruiting profiles, but the only players from that class whose profiles listed more than 1 other FBS scholarship offer, besides their offer from UNT, were Fred Scott, Syd Moore, Darvin Kidsy, and Chad Davis.

So a small class, and most either had no other scholarship offers or just 1 other offer (according to their recruiting profiles). This group is pivotal if we are to have any shot at having a rebound year next year.

• Upvote 2

The 2013 class is mostly intact. That class we only signed 14 high school kids, so it was pretty small. Only one of those high school kids has left. As I've said before, not all offers are listed on every kid's recruiting profiles, but the only players from that class whose profiles listed more than 1 other FBS scholarship offer, besides their offer from UNT, were Fred Scott, Syd Moore, Darvin Kidsy, and Chad Davis.

So a small class, and most either had no other scholarship offers or just 1 other offer (according to their recruiting profiles). This group is pivotal if we are to have any shot at having a rebound year next year.

Thanks.

I agree with SSP...our defense is banged up...If you were in Birmingham, it was obvious to see.

So you are talking about a group of guys who are in a lot of pain and who are not very mobile,

who are being told that they are not talented and I see no evidence of positive motivation.

These kids wanted to be at UNT...our roster is not going to change between now and the end

of this season. I hope someone can help these kids keep it together.

• Upvote 5

Another reply to this: I have a sliver of hope that, as long as our classes stay in tact, Mac can make this team competitive. In the long term my expectations will be higher, but right now I want to grasp for something that will make me believe it can rebound from this season.

You are correct: 2013 class is very pivotal.

This has everything to do with recruiting, or lack thereof, if we are struggling with depth who's mothafu*kin fault is that?!?!?! Our coaching staff blows, point blank. And I've been stating this since I've been following North Texas (since McCarney has come on). I can only imagine what you poor folks have went through since most of you are advocates of this joke of a coaching staff. There is no nice way to say it.

I have been following you since you started really posting a few months ago and you can't post anything without using inappropriate language and calling this coaching staff, the best and most inexperienced since the 70's. I am starting to realize why long time posters grow tired of this place and stop posting.

• Upvote 3