Official UAB Game Score Prediction Thread

MeanGreenTexan

In 1995 we played an independent schedule and brought UAB in as our homecoming opponent, on October 14, when they were not yet 1A and had only recently started football. On the strength of basketball alone and perhaps location they were entering CUSA while we were entering the Big West. They beat us 19-14 and that game has stuck in my craw for almost 20 years . We did beat Oregon State later that year and had a brutal schedule that included Alabama, LSU, Oklahoma, Missouri, Louisville, Kansas etc. but I digress. I have wanted payback for a long time and it is at hand. We win 38-28.

Edited by MCMLXXX
  • Upvote 2

In 1995 we played an independent schedule and brought UAB in as our homecoming opponent, on October 14, when they were not yet 1A and had only recently started football. On the strength of basketball alone and perhaps location they were entering CUSA while we were entering the Big West. They beat us 19-14 and that game has stuck in my craw for almost 20 years . We did beat Oregon State later that year and had a brutal schedule that included Alabama, LSU, Oklahoma, Missouri, Louisville, Kansas etc. but I digress. I have wanted payback for a long time and it is at hand. We win 38-28.

Dang, that was what I was going to predict (guess, whatever), so, what he said. One thing we don't have this time is the dreaded bye week curse, so I think our offense finds a second gear early enough for it to matter this time.

Must win game for UNT

I agree it's very important to get a win, but I consider a "must-win" game just that, a game you MUST win. If we lose, its still possible to win 6 games and go to a bowl, so I don't consider this a "must-win."

I don't mean this as argumentative and to be honest, most people would probably agree with you from the standpoint of the season could really go downhill with a loss. I basically just think "must-win" is overused.

• Upvote 3