• GEyKTQSWcAE7qHw.jpg

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Today
  2. Been a lot of DL offers going out. Maybe they were encouraged to leave to make room?
  3. My point is the place isn't just a lousy city where nothing is going on (which has been used both to say there is nothing but basketball to do there or why would anyone go there) like has been bandied about. More people visit there for tourism in a given year than Denton probably gets in ten.
  4. Noland didn’t choose ABQ for national monuments, tramways or winter entertainment.
  5. Albuquerque has a lot of tourism videos out there. Hell, my wife and I just went through there recently and stopped at Petroglyphs National Monument and took the Sandia Tramway. I LOVE Denton, but Denton doesn't have a National Monument or a tramway that goes up to 10,300 feet to watch the sunset. Albuquerque also an hour away from Santa Fe which is a great place to visit. Would I rather live there than Denton? No. But I can see why many would and I can definitely see why a 20 year old would.
  6. Maybe he put the seat down. Again, the lesson to work hard and move up the depth chart is lost in these kids. It has become, “Don’t get what I want, move along to somewhere else”.
  7. A Tallahassee judge has ordered Florida State and the Atlantic Coast Conference to enter mediation in hopes of settling a high-profile lawsuit that could dramatically impact the future of the league. https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/40000227/judge-orders-florida-state-acc-mediation-settle-suit
  8. Interesting. So, are there any P5 benefits left for the PAC-2 to dangle? And how does the PAC-2 request media rights bid proposals for an unconfirmed conference membership? Schools #1-10 = x value, schools 1-6, 8-10, + 12 = y value, and so on?
  9. You have a billion alumni. You don't need mega donors like we do to play the game at the AAC level. $1,000,000 would make a massive impact. That $100 from 10,000 alumni. That's doable. You can't even take a family of four out to a decent restaurant for that much. Or $50/month from just 1600 people. Find players looking to move up or down and sell them on coming back local to DFW so momma can watch him play. Give him some basic NIL. That's all you need.
  10. NCAA will no longer include the Pac-12-10=2 as an autonomy conference. If the league survives they'll have same voting power as the G5 leagues. They won't be on the Board of Directors, but will stay part of the Division I Council like the G5 which beats being FCS and non-football who have less representation. The autonomous group have a limited ability to make optional rules (such as full cost of attendance) that the non autonomy can choose to follow but they get no say in those rules. Losing that status and with it the better than G5 independent but not as good as P4 payout from CFP is another blow to Pac-2 having big carrots to offer schools that might make them willing to pay exit fees to join. Supposedly Pac-2 wants Air Force, Boise State, Colorado State, Fresno State, UNLV, SDSU and some mix of Memphis, UNT, UTSA, Rice, Tulane. With those advantages eroded, they are going to have to show an impressive media rights deal to successfully raid.
  11. They withdrew. Sort of like Nixon resigning.
  12. Good! The MGSF pays for that water!
  13. 4.9 yards per carry is pretty good, but when you get that average from 10 carries for 49 yards over two seasons…I think we’ll be okay without him.
  14. A couple RBs leaving means Mattress Mac coming back?
  15. Farrar looked good at the spring game. Trust in Cobbs.
  16. Maybe. If a reasonable cap is placed. But attorneys will call that racist and unethical... and somehow get their way.
  17. Dayum... wonder if any of that fedex money going to Memphis Softball? I kid, I kid... of course it's not.
  18. Honestly UNT would probably be better off if this thing continues to evolve and athletes could just be paid for “NIL” ,which is just straight pay for play anyway, out of the University’s operating budget vs. having to raise it externally from donor sources and funnel it to the department to distribute.
  19. I bet he didn't even flush the toilet on the way out
  20. And to think, the mgsf paid for his education. And food, dorm, weights, training, etc. for 5 months for absolutely no reason. How is this sustainable again?
  21. These spring transfers that were gone after 1 semester are entering Raveon Hoston territory. A lot of hype and never step on the field.
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Please review our full Privacy Policy before using our site.