• GEyKTQSWcAE7qHw.jpg

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. That works. Toss out their free education, books, meals, dorm and medical and let them pay for it with their NIL, like real employees have to.
  3. The new school, such as TT, would buy coach Mac out of his contract as will all universities of note. UNT paid North Carolina of Somewhere $100,000 to buy their women's basketball coach Karen Ashton out and she lasted one year before bolting to Texas. I feel safe in saying Texas bought her contract out and we got our money back and maybe even a little more. She eventually was fired because she could never compete with Baylor and is now at UTSA. If you want to put players under contract you would need to treat them as employees with the same benefits you provide all other employees. In summary, we are in violent agreement that the system is broken until it isn't and Chandler Rogers lands in our lap. I think in the near future the Power conferences such as Big 10 and SEC will spin off and do their own thing leaving the Group of whatever number to put their own division together leaving 1AA programs alone. In the meantime we are stuck in NIL/Transfer Portal Hell.
  4. Today
  5. In 1995 we were basically Independent, moving from 1-AA Southland Conference to 1-A Big West Conference in 1996. We were limited in who we could schedule and where the game would be.
  6. Coaches are under contracts, many with buyout stipulations if they want to leave before the end of it. They can't just walk away like a player can now. Scholarships used to have sit-out rules if you transferred. Put players under contracts too, with buyouts for the new school to pay.
  7. A true center is the top of my wishlist too. 6-11 or 7ft, just so we can see for once what someone with that size can do on this team.
  8. Well Edwards is out. Cotton redshirted so I can see him staying around this year to see if he can fit into the team.
  9. Legally the NCAA lost in court and can do nothing. All the players are doing is following the example set by the coaches. I didn't see much if any criticism of coach Mac heading to TT for more money so why are a few of you blasting the players for doing the same. Amateur college sports as we know it is dead. We need to accept it and move on but to continue to bash players who played for us and then entered the portal is childish.
  10. Buyout clauses for NIL would be great for us. If we are going to develop and find them, might as well get a chunk of money for it. Promotion and relegation would never happen in a million lifetimes. Why would any SEC team volunteer to be relegated and lose tens of millions of dollars? You'd never get any of those schools to agree to that.
  11. The Big 12 is chomping at the bit to get ahold of Louisville and Pitt once they make themselves available.
  12. You mean after the previous season. This season he went 15-18 and many wanted him gone! He will fail at $mut too...they all do.
  13. It's amusing that these smu trolls are as thrilled as they are over this hire. He was at USC for ELEVEN years. FGCU was a long time ago. He recruits at a high enough level that they may be able to get out of the cellar of the ACC, but he looks a lot like a Will Wade type guy to me. Expect trouble and underachievement when up against the really big boys. Good luck....NOT.
  14. I mean, it's all moot now, but I hear you...opportunity and needs demanded it...and maybe there's a maturation, especially with ball-handling and decision making. but I'm fine with him walking bc I'm still stuck on the idea that I just don't think Edwards as a lead guard makes you a winner. he took 100 more shots than TP did his last season here, in two fewer games. 19ppg is flashy, but efficiency is far more important, especially on a team like ours where we're actively trying to limit possessions. injuries mis-cast him here and by the end I didn't trust him at the end of games (I put a lot of that on Hodge too). seems like a good dude and I hope he succeeds in whatever spot he lands...but I think the team and program will be better off utilizing the free scholarship to address other needs on the roster.
  15. Thanks for clarifying, but it wasn't. It was actually a reply to comments in a number of threads, and then I read back through the comments here and realized this wasn't one of them.
  16. I'm thinking perhaps he means Perry and now Edwards. Our leading scorers getting poached by bigger programs every year. This is happening in football and even softball as our best pitcher got bought by OU. This is where binding player contracts will have to be mandated, like for coaches, with salaries and buyouts if they want to leave the contract early.
  17. A$M took it to overtime against your "walk-ons" and nearly sent you home!
  18. What trend is that? Is one person a trend? Are you insinuating that there will be more to follow soon?
  19. Yep. Dunk City! Pretty incredible what he was able to do with virtually zero resources at FGCU. If he had stayed another year he'd likely be the winningest coach in Trojan basketball history.
  20. I definitely appreciated his talent and seeming ability to help keep us from the 5-7 minute scoring droughts we used to see from our teams. I attribute a lot of that to improvement to him. But, as others have said, either we were going to have to change our style or he was going to have to take a different role. I'd prefer to not have lost him, but he's one where it was a bit of a square peg round hole and I wish him well in his next spot. I would add, I assume that his minutes in the NIT reveal that our coaching staff would not have wanted to lose him, either.
  21. Starts tonight at 5 Central instead of tomorrow, assuming to accommodate for Easter. USF enters the series at 23-13 overall but 3-6 in conference play. They've lost 2 of 3 vs. Charlotte, at Tulsa, and at UAB. FAU, who we are currently tied with for best record in the conference at 8-1, gets a home series with ECU this weekend, who is 24-9, 2-7.
  22. If you want to use concessions or restrooms, you do need a ticket though.
  23. Whatever we do, we have to recruit the SF/PF role with tenacity. Not sure how the roster will shape up, but landing the most athletic, springy and long 6'5"-6'8" guys as possible is never a bad idea. These are the dirty work players, the better defenders, the residual rebounders, etc. They are the foundation players. Then piece around that foundation with very good bigs* and pg's. *if you can't snag a very quality big, go get another 6-7"-6'8" guy. Don't go get 6'11" just to have 6'11" on the bench.
  24. Enfield is (was) still at USC? I remember watching FGCU at AT&T in the tournament that year... good times
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Please review our full Privacy Policy before using our site.