Weekly Rant (UNT vs. Ball St. Final Thoughts)

Mean_Green09

First and foremost let me just say Congratulations to Dan MaCarney his staff and the team. That was one hell of an effort. It may not have been pretty at times early on, but that was a great win.

Forget about analyzing the game for a moment I have to say I dont care what your feelings were about this program, but you have to be damn proud at this point. They are 2-1, they have played tough, and they have shown a lot of heart. As a fan it sucks to lose, but it really sucks when your team doesnt show effort, which is not a problem at UNT. You have Dan MaCarney and the senior leaders for that.

Now onto to the game..

Saturday was an example of effort combined with execution. Okay maybe not early on, but that is how it finished.

Did you notice that we finished off Ball St. the same way that Ohio finished us off last week?

The game plan was great.

The defense is for real! Dont listen to the fan that tells you he is concerned with the total yards given up. The game isnt designed to let whoever has the most yards to win. If that were the case why did Alabama beat A&M? Im content on giving up yards as long as we dont give up points. In todays game its near impossible to stop an opponent from gaining 300 yards on you. You can thank the spread for that.

The old adage is if you get outscored in the second half that means you got outcoached. Well for all 3 games now UNT has outcoached its opponents in the second half. UNT has outscored its opponents 46 6 in the second half! The adjustments have been great lets hope they continue.

Would you live with giving up a touchdown on the first possession of every game if you knew they werent going to score more than a touchdown in the second half?

Say what you want about Derek Thompson, but the kid is one hell of a competitor. I hope that he and Chancellor can do what Zach Orr and Marcus Trice have done for the defense.

The defense was hitting so hard it was hurting me just watching. You would have thought the UNT players saw the Ball St. players talking to their women before the game. Especially Laramie Lee! I want that guy on my side in fight.

Its great to have options at WR isnt it? I bet no-one is happier than Chancellor. He can finally show case his talents. Big props to Darnell Smith, he is developing into a great 3rd possession WR. Every successful team needs one.

Georgia is up next and we know they are good and all that other stuff. However, last year after their bye week they almost lost to Kentucky (29-24). That was the game before their big match-up with Florida. Similar to this year they have a big game versus LSU looming next week. They are going to do all the coach speak and say we arent looking ahead, but you know they are. We could make them sweat a little bit this weekend. Just saying

These guys deserve better attendance than that. You would have thought UNT was 0-3 and lost every game by 20. I do want to thank every student that showed up and stayed throughout the game. I know the team appreciates it and so do the alumni. Give yourself a pat on the back. Okay, now go spread the good word and get your friends in the stands.

Finally, there is a revolution starting in Denton. It started with Mean Joe asking this team to put the MEAN back in the GREEN. It has stuck and resonated with the senior leaders and they have got everyone to buy in. Now its time to get the students, alumni, and casual fans to buy in too. Apogee is our home and you dont invite guests into your house looking like a mess. Saturday it was a mess and a disgrace. We are all better than that. I understand that some people had a legitimate excuse, but watching other games on T.V. is not one. Its un-acceptable. We expect these guys to go out there and lay their bodies on the line for us fans and the university. We put un-worldly pressure on these guys to perform so we can sleep better at night. So if you believe youre entitled to seeing good football, you better be ready to give something back. We owe the team something better than Saturday. Its time to rise up and join the Mean Green Revolution. Like other fans have mentioned bring everybody you know to be a witness. I dont care who it is whether it be your family, friends or the old lady from down the street. Get bodies in seats. If you think youve seen effort from this team, fill the stadium up and see what happens. Hell, 75% full would be a great improvement. The time is now ladies and gentlemen. Im calling on all the students and alumni to do whatever it takes to fill Apogee. Dont rely on the A.D. or anybody else. With a little effort from the fans and students we can pull this off. Its time we ALL put the MEAN back in the GREEN. Join the Revolution baby! Its going to be a fun ride!

Go Mean Green

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

There are no comments to display.