USA Today gives UNT A- for 2013-14 Season

Stix

I found this on youtube - I have no idea who created it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDtwzaYkXzE

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Only because beating the CUSA champ with 10 wins means nothim sure NTXCoog would love for many to come visit UH's site at: www.CoogFans.com I believe registration is still free. I(f you are registered on UNT's Scout public forum then you can use the same login info on the UH board.

Still can't get over how a school we never play has those who are so interested in what we're doing over here. They almost seem like a wide receiver who hears our footsteps as we're fixin' to come in for the kill? :)

UH's Scout message board is www.CoogFans.com Bet they would more than welcome some UNT's hot sports opinions on their board, too. :rolleyes:

(If you are already registered with any Scout forum your same login info will get you on UH's "football" message board).

I've posted over there as MeanGreenGem but never posted anything condescending as a visitor as we seem to get from some of their posters who post on Harry's board.

GMG!

PS: Off topic, but does someone have a panoramic pic or view of the UNT's fans side at the Cotton Bowl Stadium from end zone to end zone that someone would like to share on this board?

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Still can't get over how a school we never play has those who are so interested in what we're doing over here. They almost seem like a wide receiver who hears our footsteps as we're fixin' to come in for the kill? :)

UH's Scout message board is www.CoogFans.com Bet they would more than welcome some UNT's hot sports opinions on their board, too. :rolleyes:

(If you are already registered with any Scout forum your same login info will get you on UH's "football" message board).

I've posted over there as MeanGreenGem but never posted anything condescending as a visitor as we seem to get from some of their posters who post on Harry's board.

GMG!

How often have I posted about UH other than to respond to a UNT poster who commented on UH? None. So if you see a UNT comment on coogfans, feel free to respond. And if you don't want UH responses from me, don't post negatively about UH here.

And I don't post condescending remarks about UNT. I may argue why UH is better in response to someone's comments why UH doesn't compare, but even when I make points, I am usually complimentary about UNT. My only negative response in this thread would be about Rice in response to someone saying UH didn't beat anyone. In my other posts, I've said UH and UNT had comparable seasons with my bias saying UH wass better just like a UNT fan's bias would say UNT's was better. But some UNT fans would say ours didn't compare.

Plus I've already posted multiple times why I'm here. I lived in Denton for 5 years. I live just east of Denton now in Denton's ISD. So I follow UNT football too, and I read your board to keep informed.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

How often have I posted about UH other than to respond to a UNT poster who commented on UH? None. So if you see a UNT comment on coogfans, feel free to respond. And if you don't want UH responses from me, don't post negatively about UH here.

And I don't post condescending remarks about UNT. I may argue why UH is better in response to someone's comments why UH doesn't compare, but even when I make points, I am usually complimentary about UNT. My only negative response in this thread would be about Rice in response to someone saying UH didn't beat anyone. In my other posts, I've said UH and UNT had comparable seasons with my bias saying UH wass better just like a UNT fan's bias would say UNT's was better. But some UNT fans would say ours didn't compare.

Plus I've already posted multiple times why I'm here. I lived in Denton for 5 years. I live just east of Denton now in Denton's ISD. So I follow UNT football too, and I read your board to keep informed.

Your posts have been perfectly fine. CougarQueen has done nothing but draw resentment towards your program due to his incessant trolling of every board known to man.

What most of it boils down to is that Houston lost to better teams than UNT did and is a half-step up in conference affiliation. Other than that, the seasons were about equal because we beat a weaker bowl opponent than the one they lost to. I'd say our seasons were about equal this year, all things considered. And as with other teams, if Houston were to have faced our killer D this season (but not after a bye week, wtf) it would have been a very close game. But we won't play again for at least a few years, so all we have are rankings. Some put them higher, others put us higher. Eh.

Your posts have been perfectly fine. CougarQueen has done nothing but draw resentment towards your program due to his incessant trolling of every board known to man.

He drives me crazy. He's passionate so I can't hate for that, but he's a bit overenthusiastic and puts most UH fans in a bad light on every message board you can find.

What most of it boils down to is that Houston lost to better teams than UNT did and is a half-step up in conference affiliation. Other than that, the seasons were about equal because we beat a weaker bowl opponent than the one they lost to. I'd say our seasons were about equal this year, all things considered. And as with other teams, if Houston were to have faced our killer D this season (but not after a bye week, wtf) it would have been a very close game. But we won't play again for at least a few years, so all we have are rankings. Some put them higher, others put us higher. Eh.

Exactly. Very similar seasons. Almost every ranking has both teams in the same range with some having UNT slightly higher and some UH slightly higher. How close is it? Check out USA Today's final ranking. UH #54. UNT #55. Can't get any closer than that without using ties in the ranking which he didn't use anywhere.

How does UNLV get an "A", when we had a better record than them and dominated them in HOD? Dumb.

I actually don't see an issue with them having a better grade when you look at their history and record from last year. They had a great season, especially when you consider that they never have good seasons.

I found this on youtube - I have no idea who created it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDtwzaYkXzE

Thanks a million for that, Stix!

Even more amazing is how many UNT fans were even sitting on the UNLV side. too. Wonder how the upper deck would have looked if they had bought their tickets there and sat with the other Mean Green fans upon high? Back when the Cotton Bowl Stadium seated only 75K instead of the present 92K we would have been getting oh so very close to having the number of fans that Texas or OU would have on each of their respective sides back in that era. Wish they hadn't built that stadium so darn large, but to keep the Texas/OU game I suppose they had to do just that.

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Holy CRAP! I didn't realize that the bands and fas were so loud. That sounded incredible from the opposing side!

Took the words out of my mouth. This gave me chills and I had to watch it about three times to actually take in the fact that we sound like a power conference school and you can clearly hear the fight song words. So much win in that video.

Please please pretty please all of you 40K fans show up at Apogee next year.

• Upvote 1