UNT annouces Series with Army

97and03

So we DON'T get Army in 2013. But Ball State does.

I wonder if West Texas A&M is available?

http://meangreenblog...d-army-se.html/

Details of the SMU and Army series

A source at the UNT athletic department has confirmed the details of the series with SMU and Army that will be announced later today.

The SMU deal is for four games from 2014-17 with an option for eight additional games through 2025. The first four games will alternate sites, beginning with a game in Denton.

The Army series will be six games beginning with a home-and-home in 2009 and 2010. UNT will host the first game. The series will then resume in 2016 with the games alternating between West Point and Denton, beginning with a game at West Point. The last game of the series will take place in Denton in 2019.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Did this recently change?

When the deal was signed the series didn't start until 2016. Would be welcome news If they are coming to Denton next year

I pulled my information from this link that has a set date for the game at Georgia and TBA for Army, Ball State and Ohio.

http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa-13/sun-belt/2013-north-texas-mean-green-football-schedule.php

I would think your link from the Army website would be the most accurate one.

• Upvote 1

wasn't the Baylor-ULM a 2-for-1? plus, its Baylor. Outside of last year's year of the bear, they're not typically a BIG name team. They haven't filled their stadium in 40 years and they don't travel well at all.

the home schedule this year sucks, but on the bright side i'm hoping for a 5-0 run at home. and yes, i know, that U-LaLa and Arkansas State will be tough, but i think we can protect our house. My hope for this year is to see at least one sellout game thats just crazy electric, hoping that this will encourage more fans to attend. I think tuesday night on tv would be the perfect opportunity to put our brand out there for the nation to see and maybe foster some new fan growth. must have 10k+ students....

on a scheduling note, i've mentioned before that I think our goal should be bringing in some pac, b1g, etc teams that are wanting to recruit our fertile DFW area. they can then guarantee recruits that they'll get to play in front of momma and daddy. we need to play this to our advantage and grab some home-and homes with the arizona's, washington state's, kentucky's, ole miss's, iowa's, minnesota's, pitt panthers, indiana's, virginia's, etc