My rankings of the QB's today

Dajon

McNulty

Means

Greer

And praying Demarcus Smith comes in to take this job

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

One more thing about a Spring Game... both coordinators have agreed beforehand not to hurt the other.

The defense will not run anything other than base fronts and very limited stunts.

If the offense has something that they can run against our base defense and hurt our defense on a pretty consistent basis, the offense will NOT run that play.

Neither side will make ANY attempt at an adjustment.

Why show that to the other teams scouts what hurts you or what you could/would do about it?

Don't get too worked up over anything you see or didn't see today.

And if the #2's win, so what?

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

One more thing about a Spring Game... both coordinators have agreed beforehand not to hurt the other.

The defense will not run anything other than base fronts and very limited stunts.

If the offense has something that they can run against our base defense and hurt our defense on a pretty consistent basis, the offense will NOT run that play.

Neither side will make ANY attempt at an adjustment.

Why show that to the other teams scouts what hurts you or what you could/would do about it?

Don't get too worked up over anything you see or didn't see today.

And if the #2's win, so what?

The fact that your #1 QB, facing a vanilla #2 defense, completed less than 50% of his passes against said #2 vanilla defense is concerning, no matter how vanilla the offense.

I wonder how other CUSA #1 QBs faired in their respective Spring games...

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

It's understood that it's a spring game and play is at a vanilla level. What's also understood by a lot if people (not including our own coaching staff) is that McNulty is not a FBS QB. I defended him a few times this week in hope trust I saw a smidgen of development and there is simply none. It doesn't matter what game it was or how vanilla the offense was today, Andrew McNulty is not a starting FBS QB.

Let me say this again though, Courtney Finney is the real deal. He was giving team green fits all day and he was a large contribution as to why the green team (1's) on offense couldn't get anything going on the ground. He reads his keys beautifully, has a very explosive burst into his assigned gap and plays unhesitantly. Mark my words, he will take someone's starting position at some point how be it in fall camp or during the season.

Green teams secondary looked suspect several times vs our QB3 (DW). That's concerning.

Another note for those who didn't get to make it today... Anthony Wallace looked better in terms of shedding blocks and running from sideline to sideline. He also looked bigger than last year.

Chris Loving has improved significantly in receiving and looks faster. He almost out ran the green team secondary for a TD. If I were Canales I would look for packages to get him and M. Smith on the field at the same time.

I like the Jimmy Show but he is still dancing. He has to be effectively utilized in the passing game so we can take advantage of that dancing in the open field.

Taaulo looks like a tree trunk, and not just his thighs or lower body. Dude is wide and seemingly played well for the white team today, as did Sir Wallace for the green team.

The incoming freshmen can't get here fast enough. I think a few of them can contribute to this team from the get go or at the bare minimum compete and improve quality depth.

Carlos Harris is going to make all-conference this year. His fight for respect and for the ball is very reminiscent of WR Steve Smith in the NFL. He has a competitive edge over anyone guarding him.

This team, from top to bottom, is good. They are. Pieces are in place to succeed right now, this year. BUT, we have to get a QB in there that is ready to be a gamer though. McNulty simply isn't a gamer and that's no fault to him. He's a hard worker and a vet, but his physical abilities and mental decision making is not a CUSA level QB.

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 2

It's understood that it's a spring game and play is at a vanilla level. What's also understood by a lot if people (not including our own coaching staff) is that McNulty is not a FBS QB. I defended him a few times this week in hope trust I saw a smidgen of development and there is simply none. It doesn't matter what game it was or how vanilla the offense was today, Andrew McNulty is not a starting FBS QB.

Let me say this again though, Courtney Finney is the real deal. He was giving team green fits all day and he was a large contribution as to why the green team (1's) on offense couldn't get anything going on the ground. He reads his keys beautifully, has a very explosive burst into his assigned gap and plays unhesitantly. Mark my words, he will take someone's starting position at some point how be it in fall camp or during the season.

Green teams secondary looked suspect several times vs our QB3 (DW). That's concerning.

Another note for those who didn't get to make it today... Anthony Wallace looked better in terms of shedding blocks and running from sideline to sideline. He also looked bigger than last year.

Chris Loving has improved significantly in receiving and looks faster. He almost out ran the green team secondary for a TD. If I were Canales I would look for packages to get him and M. Smith on the field at the same time.

I like the Jimmy Show but he is still dancing. He has to be effectively utilized in the passing game so we can take advantage of that dancing in the open field.

Taaulo looks like a tree trunk, and not just his thighs or lower body. Dude is wide and seemingly played well for the white team today, as did Sir Wallace for the green team.

The incoming freshmen can't get here fast enough. I think a few of them can contribute to this team from the get go or at the bare minimum compete and improve quality depth.

Carlos Harris is going to make all-conference this year. His fight for respect and for the ball is very reminiscent of WR Steve Smith in the NFL. He has a competitive edge over anyone guarding him.

This team, from top to bottom, is good. They are. Pieces are in place to succeed right now, this year. BUT, we have to get a QB in there that is ready to be a gamer though. McNulty simply isn't a gamer and that's no fault to him. He's a hard worker and a vet, but his physical abilities and mental decision making is not a CUSA level QB.

Couldn't agree with you more

• Upvote 1

I'm not defending Mac and Co.

OK CONTINUE READING

Mcnulty definitely is not our best QB talent wise. DAJON is kicking himself in the foot time and time again, by not taking practice, workout, film study as serious as this staff wants. He is clearly the most talented we have. As a coach, I understand you have to trust the person you're putting at the helm of the offense. I really really hope one of the senior leaders gets ahold of him, takes him under their wing, and teaches him how to work his @$$ off this summer! If that happens we may be in business w/ the up tempo offense.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I don't care what kind of stipulations that this hard headed staff demands. I care about W's. As long as DW is showing up and putting in the work he needs to be QB1. I really don't know what McNulty has done to absolutely solidify himself head and shoulders above the rest of the pack. It's puzzling.

• Upvote 1

Probably bust his but during workouts, practices, and film, while DW goofs off and no one knows for sure what he gives them. But I'm sure you know so much about coaching or leading you'd trust someone who never worked hard to lead your team or unit right?

• Upvote 1

there's something just magical with Dajon at QB, just seems to be a spark in the offense when he's in there. Just wish he would put in the extra work and earn the trust of Mac and Chico.

Anyone know anything about #44 Andrew Nelson? He played at RB for several plays toward the end of the scrimmage.

Probably bust his but during workouts, practices, and film, while DW goofs off and no one knows for sure what he gives them. But I'm sure you know so much about coaching or leading you'd trust someone who never worked hard to lead your team or unit right?

I'd rather DW lead us to a winning season than AM lead us into the ground. I don't care that he goofs off. I don't care that he doesn't stare at film for X amount of hours after practice. AM can look at film 10 hours a day and it's not going to make a difference. He can be as serious as he wants to be during practice and it's not going to matter. We go into this season and start AM 12 games expect to win 25-30% of our games. That's an almost guarantee. And, no I'm not a coach and that's what make it's even more frustrating. Our millionaire coach can't see it yet he's the millionaire. It's a joke. I would like to interview Mac about his expectations of Damarcus Smith. Not coach talk expectations, but real expectations.

So, ya.

That's what winning a national title gets you...

2013-14 Champs: Florida State

2014 Spring Game attendance: 36,500

2012-13 Champs: Alabama

2013 Spring Game attendance: 78,315

2011-12 Champs: Alabama

2012 Spring Game attendance: 78,526

2010-11 Champs: Auburn

2011 Spring game attendance: 53,209

So yeah, national champs get nice attendance at their following spring games. But Ohio State's is unprecedented.

My opinion of there being no excitement surrounding this program in our coaching staffs 5th season is a joke of an opinion? Odds are not in our favor to have a winning percentage this season. It will then be 1/5 success rate. He will still get to waltz right back into 2016 and then what? Not this coaching staff, but my opinion is the joke?