Ticket update for UNT/Houston opener

TheColonyEagle

As of 12:30 today, best available for 2 seats on the west side is section 202.

Goal line to goal line is gone.

LPLGNFNAEDDQWMK.20110721195452.jpg

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

As of 12:30 today, best available for 2 seats on the west side is section 202.

Goal line to goal line is gone.

Well, if that is true (does Ticketmaster always give out the "best available? I've often wondered about that after i get tickets through them and then go to the event and see the empty seats in better locations) it is a great thing. The first game definitely has the look of a sell-out. How great would that be? I am hopeful that the vast majority of tickets are being purchased by the great Mean Green Nation.

• Upvote 1

I saw at the A.D. website that they are still having an event on Wednesday for UNT faculty and staff to purchase their specially-priced season ticket packages. Surely they have blocked off some tickets to be available for them. I am not speaking from any inside information, but I expect more tickets to be released for general purchase the week of the game.

I saw at the A.D. website that they are still having an event on Wednesday for UNT faculty and staff to purchase their specially-priced season ticket packages. Surely they have blocked off some tickets to be available for them. I am not speaking from any inside information, but I expect more tickets to be released for general purchase the week of the game.

Yes, there are still areas on the west side blocked off for season ticket sales only, and they are not yet full. Straight from the ticket office.

Yes, there are still areas on the west side blocked off for season ticket sales only, and they are not yet full. Straight from the ticket office.

Yesterday I bought 5 additional season tickets in section 105, 5 rows lower than my 5 season tickets.

They're blocking off a lot of tickets for season ticket sales and to MGC members, keeps the Houston fans out as well.

That being said, my party for opening day is at 16 thus far, with 4-6 more on the fence, when I'm normally good for 4 seats in the stands. Combined with a close regional oppenent flirting with the top 25, it's a recipe for a sell out and I'd love to see it.

WNNT, GMG and 12 days to go!

Edited by FloMoGrad
  • Upvote 3

I wonder when any unsold MG season tickets will be released to the public. Cougars are buying large quantities of tickets in 202. Our group got 66 with another slug to come this week. Very good revenue for UNT.

I would imagine the A.D. would continue pushing season ticket sales right up to, and perhaps including, the week of the game. But why are you buying tickets in section 202 instead of in the visitors' section? It won't have any better view. And the visitors' section won't be blocked off for season tickets, either.

• Upvote 1

I would imagine the A.D. would continue pushing season ticket sales right up to, and perhaps including, the week of the game. But why are you buying tickets in section 202 instead of in the visitors' section? It won't have any better view. And the visitors' section won't be blocked off for season tickets, either.

Sun

Edited by MeanGreen61
  • Upvote 1

The main sections for season tickets might not be released to the general public until the day of the game. That way folks that wait until the last minute to buy season tickets will have the ability to have the same seats throughout the season.

Glad to see this picture. Was wondering where the sun would be in relation to seats, etc.

It was pretty awesome to sit down at the stadium walk through at 6:19 p.m. a few weeks ago and realize we were already in the shade on the press box side. No more creepy half-sunburns the morning after for this guy.

I wonder when any unsold MG season tickets will be released to the public. Cougars are buying large quantities of tickets in 202. Our group got 66 with another slug to come this week. Very good revenue for UNT.

Not necessarily a bad thing.

Oh, you mean. Nevermind.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1