Thursday BB Games thoughts

GrandGreen

Two of the best bb games I have witnessed, some impressions:

1. The best team on the court was the MTSU women

2. It is absolutely incredible how far Aston's team has progressed

3. The WBB deserves a lot more support

4. I wish the MBB team had the depth of the WBB

5. Great game by the whole WBB team, special applaud for Stanley, McCoy, Hudson, Godbolt

6. Served notice to MTSU that they are not going have the walk through they may have thought

7. Very gritty game by both NT teams

8. Under manned men should have beaten MTSU

9. Hogans and Holmen obviously not ready for play

10. Alzee was a beast, this guy keeps getting better and better

11. Spilled milk, but with J. Williams and Jones; I don't thank this game would have been close

12. Showed MTSU certainly beatable, played almost even with walk on starting and a total of 8 healthy players

13. Franklin was off, but Step stepped up

14. MTSU was primarily single guarding Mitchell and rushing him when he got the ball, he is great passing out of a crowd; but I wish

he would just shoot more often. I believe he could create a lot of fouls on the opponent

15. It ain't goal tending if the ball is going up

16. No doubt, MTSU is a very good Belt team, not were their fans think but should be a big favorite in the tourny

17. Good but disappointing attendance

18. I assume all those athletes that leave after the honors presentation are going to study

19. Band super as always

20. If you think the referees were bad, you should have watched the women's game

21. Give credit to the men, there was a tremendous talent disparity excluding the top 2 or 3 players; but they kept it close

22. Overall a great basketball night even with the loses

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Two of the best bb games I have witnessed, some impressions:

1. The best team on the court was the MTSU women

2. It is absolutely incredible how far Aston's team has progressed

3. The WBB deserves a lot more support

4. I wish the MBB team had the depth of the WBB

5. Great game by the whole WBB team, special applaud for Stanley, McCoy, Hudson, Godbolt

6. Served notice to MTSU that they are not going have the walk through they may have thought

7. Very gritty game by both NT teams

8. Under manned men should have beaten MTSU

9. Hogans and Holmen obviously not ready for play

10. Alzee was a beast, this guy keeps getting better and better

11. Spilled milk, but with J. Williams and Jones; I don't thank this game would have been close

12. Showed MTSU certainly beatable, played almost even with walk on starting and a total of 8 healthy players

13. Franklin was off, but Step stepped up

14. MTSU was primarily single guarding Mitchell and rushing him when he got the ball, he is great passing out of a crowd; but I wish

he would just shoot more often. I believe he could create a lot of fouls on the opponent

15. It ain't goal tending if the ball is going up

16. No doubt, MTSU is a very good Belt team, not were their fans think but should be a big favorite in the tourny

17. Good but disappointing attendance

18. I assume all those athletes that leave after the honors presentation are going to study

19. Band super as always

20. If you think the referees were bad, you should have watched the women's game

21. Give credit to the men, there was a tremendous talent disparity excluding the top 2 or 3 players; but they kept it close

22. Overall a great basketball night even with the loses

This post has been promoted to an article

It's certainly disappointing that it appeared to be quite a bit less than half full, but does anyone recall a better and more electric crowd for a Belt game? I don't, and I might be missing someone, but I would rank it in the top six of the 2000's along with TT, Okie State, LSU, Indiana, and the heavily "Coogered" Houston game when they were in the area for the Fort Worth Bowl. We also had a nice crowd for the Aggie game, but my memory is starting to fade as to what year that was. Amazing that we almost beat Middle with three primary inside bigs sitting on the bench.

Edited by foutsrouts

It's certainly disappointing that it appeared to be quite a bit less than half full, but does anyone recall a better and more electric crowd for a Belt game? I don't, and I might be missing someone, but I would rank it in the top six of the 2000's along with TT, Okie State, LSU, Indiana, and the heavily "Coogered" Houston game when they were in the area for the Fort Worth Bowl. Amazing that we almost won that game with three primary inside bigs sitting on the bench.

The Denver game was up there

• Upvote 1

To call that crowd for a weeknight game against a non name, albeit a great, basketball team disappointing is insane.

The student attendance was outstanding and the enthusiasm was even better.

If we had that crowd for every game, I'd be thrilled!

• Upvote 1

To call that crowd for a weeknight game against a non name, albeit a great, basketball team disappointing is insane.

The student attendance was outstanding and the enthusiasm was even better.

If we had that crowd for every game, I'd be thrilled!

Gagree. That was easily one of the (if not the) best attended conference games I can remember in the past decade. No way would I call that a dissapointment.

Other than that, I pretty much think Grand is spot on.

Gagree. That was easily one of the (if not the) best attended conference games I can remember in the past decade. No way would I call that a dissapointment.

Other than that, I pretty much think Grand is spot on.

If you want to call that crowd great then feel free. Actual attendance was not 5000 and the crowd significantly dwindled in the second half. If you want to think that was a great crowd with at least a third of the premium seats vacant for a very appealing NT team and a 20 win MTSU, fine.

The students had a much better than norm attendance and it obviously was one of the better attended NT games. The crowd did get into the game and I think most had a great time. It was not a good crowd for this game in my view, that is just an opinion. I hoped that NT with the best freshman player ever playing the overwhelmingly best team in the conference thus far would have attracted more fans. I will admit disappointed might have been too strong a word because that would mean I actually expected a bigger crowd. When it comes to attendance at NT sporting events it is always prudent to lower your expectations.

Great games with the best atmosphere at the Pit his year. I just wish more would join in the fun.

I

I will admit disappointed might have been too strong a word because that would mean I actually expected a bigger crowd. When it comes to attendance at NT sporting events it is always prudent to lower your expectations.

Great games with the best atmosphere at the Pit his year. I just wish more would join in the fun.

That's all I was really saying, that calling it a dissapointment might be a bit strong. That was a good crowd for a NT conference game. I know for a fact because I used to count the crowds (actual butts in seats) myself when I worked at the Pit as a student years ago. We are light years ahead of where we were during that time. I guess I have a hard time looking at things with a negative slant given my past experiences following the program.

I whole heartedly agree with your emphasised statement above about more folks joining in!

Good thoughts. I always enjoy reading your anyalysis.