throwback uniforms

UNTcrazy727

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

In my opinion, the one really distinctive uniform we have ever had was during the Fry years. You never forgot the candy apple green nor the flying worm and I would be delighted to see these worn again. But, if I were to guess what what is worn on throwback day, I would guess a mashup of several uniforms from the past.

Now if we could only get the band to play the original fight song for at least this one game!

• Upvote 1

I want to be excited about the throwback uniforms, I really do. In almost every aspect of my life I am a very positive person. However, after so many years of disappointment with the AD, I have a feeling that very little time, thought, and effort will be put into this very special milestone. I feel like I will be very underwhelmed, I certainly hope I am proven wrong.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

In my opinion, the one really distinctive uniform we have ever had was during the Fry years. You never forgot the candy apple green nor the flying worm and I would be delighted to see these worn again. But, if I were to guess what what is worn on throwback day, I would guess a mashup of several uniforms from the past.

Now if we could only get the band to play the original fight song for at least this one game!

Well, while you're at it, you might as well be hoping that the band enters the stadium/field in a showmanship-like-up-tempo manner like a real college band,(you know, much like a band that comes from a school that has a national music reputation) with a thundering cadence from their nationally recognized drum line, and playing a fanfare (like just about all the big time college bands do) before playing the aforementioned original fight song with a big sound and moving down the field with a quick step.

But try to keep a happy thought on the matter.................. B)

Edited by SilverEagle
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

Well, while you're at it, you might as well be hoping that the band enters the stadium/field in a showmanship-like-up-tempo manner like a real college band,(you know, much like a band that comes from a school that has a national music reputation) with a thundering cadence from their nationally recognized drum line, and playing a fanfare (like just about all the big time college bands do) before playing the aforementioned original fight song with a big sound and moving down the field with a quick step.

You're a broken record...

• Upvote 2

I. for one, hope the band doesn't show up in shorts. I just can't get used to any musician, of any kind of music, wearing shorts. I understand it's hot. It was hot 45 years ago when I was in school and the band marched in their uniforms. Their complete uniforms.

GO MEAN GREEN

• Upvote 2

Ditto that, SilverEagle, showmanship-like -up tempo manner is a nice way to put it. So much potential... Incidentally, if there is not a major story in the sports section of the DMN between now and our first game on our 100th year of football I will be very disappointed. Someone needs to make sure that happens.

• Upvote 1

I want to be excited about the throwback uniforms, I really do. In almost every aspect of my life I am a very positive person. However, after so many years of disappointment with the AD, I have a feeling that very little time, thought, and effort will be put into this very special milestone. I feel like I will be very underwhelmed, I certainly hope I am proven wrong.

Exactly!

I. for one, hope the band doesn't show up in shorts. I just can't get used to any musician, of any kind of music, wearing shorts. I understand it's hot. It was hot 45 years ago when I was in school and the band marched in their uniforms. Their complete uniforms.

GO MEAN GREEN

As long as it's not your son or daughter who has the heatstroke, huh?

• Upvote 1

You're a broken record...

A broken record is that damn "Fly Like an Eagle" which comes across at a football game about as inspiring as crawl like a turtle. I AM a Don Henley fan, but we need some APPROPRIATE songs, some get out of your damn seat and dance in the aisles songs.

• Upvote 5