Those Uniforms Posted in the Gallery are Sweet!

Mean Green 93-98

It may be a little redundant, and it may still be football season, but I felt those uniforms deserved a discussion thread.

gallery_36865_92_27051.jpeg

gallery_36865_92_14382.jpeg

gallery_36865_92_5701.jpeg

Black football uniforms still leave a bad taste in my mouth . . . but if we were to use an alternate 3rd black uniforms, that would be the uniform I would want.

Awesome job, 817 Fan.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

It may be a little redundant, and it may still be football season, but I felt those uniforms deserved a discussion thread.

Black football uniforms still leave a bad taste in my mouth . . . but if we were to use an alternate 3rd black uniforms, that would be the uniform I would want.

Awesome job, 817 Fan.

How did your friend create these?

He was an Ad Art Major back in the day. Got smart and got out of the biz (unlike some people). He sketched em up and sent the concepts to another buddy who has fancy computer programs. Paid him to create the pics. He has sent them to everyone he can think of in the Ath Dept...and some uni big wig at Nike. Its a combination of dedication and obsession.

How did your friend create these?

• Upvote 4

The Uni's look great. They fit my criteria for a great University uni and/or gear. It's bold, it's clear, it showcases the school colors (except for the black) and it's not too busy......although these do get pretty close to being a bit too busy.

• Upvote 2

I think I may be the only one that doesn't care for the interlocking NT logo. I actually prefer the current North Texas logo, however it would be cool to have some alternative uniforms.

You are not. I don't like the interlocking NT logo either. I want SOW.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Awesome job, 817 Fan.

These look more appropriate for a rave rather than a football field. Lime green!? C'mon.

NT needs new unis for the first year in CUSA

No we don't. Perhaps a third option, but not a whole new look. The CUSA patch will the best satisfactory change to me.

I think I may be the only one that doesn't care for the interlocking NT logo. I actually prefer the current North Texas logo, however it would be cool to have some alternative uniforms.

Don't care for the interlocking one here either.

I guess the Ath Dept didnt get the memo

Click the image of the students on the left side

http://www.ntmeangre...acilities.html#

Guess they additionally didn't get the memo that doctoring photographs to make us look better doesn't fly either. Look at the wide aerial shot of Apogee from obviously the Houston opener.... They photoshopped the large amount of Houston fans to suddenly swap fealties. Not cool, and very much like the devious activities of another on-campus entity....

I'm lookin' at you, URCM.

• Downvote 6

Additionally, the only element I even halfway love about this proposed design is the Texas-sleave, but I guarantee you we'll get a ton of flack from the other schools who have already done it this year.

And to clarify my position on the colors, what's on the field now is perfect. Now we just need a coordination of that shade of green amongst the cheerleaders, Green Brigade.....etc.

Awesome job, 817 Fan.

Does anybody else think that these uniforms scream NINJA TURTLES????

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

We get new uniforms every two years, so there will be changes for our first year in C-USA (other than a new patch). I have no idea what the changes will be, only that we will have new uniforms next year. New uniforms in addition to some type of throwback that have already been talked about by the Athletic Department.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I wish someone, if someone hasn't already, would send these new uniform pictures to Coach Dan and RV and see what they say. I think these looks sweet!!!

I'm not a fan at all of our current uniforms. Our green jerseys need to have the lighter green, like the basketball teams jerseys and they need to be put with black, the green looks great with black uniforms and it goes with the whole "Mean" Green!! I'm not trying to say that I'm the worlds best marketer but my degree is in marketing and I am the VP of a large company. I do know a little about branding and marketing. In todays world with very competitive recruiting the younger recruits want the new hip uniforms. We have the right colors, and now the facilities, lets put the icing on the cake and do it right!!

Edited by MeanGreen01
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

We get new uniforms every two years, so there will be changes for our first year in C-USA (other than a new patch). I have no idea what the changes will be, only that we will have new uniforms next year. New uniforms in addition to some type of throwback that have already been talked about by the Athletic Department.

Source?

We had the same unis for all 4 years of the Dodge era.

• Upvote 2

I really like these uniforms and I think most people would they would go over really well with most fans. I find it funny that some here complain about changing uniforms every two years. We now have NCAA teams changing uniforms every two games. Tradition isn't as big as it once was. I love the interlocking NT but I think I'd like the SOW a little better. I'd gladly take either over having North Texas spelled out on the helmets.

Getting back to reality, I would be surprised to have new uniforms next year or anytime soon. I think the current old style uniforms will be the main stay while Mac is here. I think they're solid but the shade of green needs to be tweaked. I also don't expect RV to remove North Texas from the helmets while he's here unless someone really puts pressure on him to do so (administration, Mac, large booster).

• Upvote 3

I really like these uniforms and I think most people would they would go over really well with most fans. I find it funny that some here complain about changing uniforms every two years. We now have NCAA teams changing uniforms every two games. Tradition isn't as big as it once was. I love the interlocking NT but I think I'd like the SOW a little better. I'd gladly take either over having North Texas spelled out on the helmets.

Getting back to reality, I would be surprised to have new uniforms next year or anytime soon. I think the current old style uniforms will be the main stay while Mac is here. I think they're solid but the shade of green needs to be tweaked. I also don't expect RV to remove North Texas from the helmets while he's here unless someone really puts pressure on him to do so (administration, Mac, large booster).

It's my understanding that he has received considerable pressure from Jackson (and maybe other administrators) to put UNT on the helmet....and he has flat out refused. Now, I don't know how he feels about the interlocking NT on the helmet, but since North Texas is being spelled out on the front of the uni, I don't see the point of spelling it out on the helmet. I have always favored the interlocking NT on the helmet. And for that matter, I would much prefer the alumni version with the lone star in the middle.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Since 1961 I have seen more shades of green and shapes of eagles that I thought ever existed. I love this new NT helmet, which to me combines the old with the new. However, Rick is boxed in. If he uses initials,Jackson will demand UNT, which puts us lost with UAB,UCF,FAU,FIU,ECU,etc. To avoid that, we will continue to use NORTH TEXAS , which I would to see combined with the SOW. That is what you need to sell to Rick.

RV likes a classic uniform, from what I recall

Good. Maybe it's because I'm and old soul, but I love classic-looking uniforms. Texas, Bama, Penn State... I'll take those over Maryland, Oregon, and Ok State ANY day.

So in the absence of broad-sweeping changes, I say keep the green, lose the stupid North Texas on the helmets and stick with it for the long haul.

Also, these are really nice-looking uniforms your friend designed. I love the incorporation of our tertiary color, black.

Since 1961 I have seen more shades of green and shapes of eagles that I thought ever existed. I love this new NT helmet, which to me combines the old with the new. However, Rick is boxed in. If he uses initials,Jackson will demand UNT, which puts us lost with UAB,UCF,FAU,FIU,ECU,etc. To avoid that, we will continue to use NORTH TEXAS , which I would to see combined with the SOW. That is what you need to sell to Rick.

this

Trying to find the article, but on one of the Sports talk shows they were saying that one of the things recruits are considering more today than ever before is the uniforms. Not sure how much of an impact, but with a name like “Mean Green” we should be more creative

• Upvote 1