Those Uniforms Posted in the Gallery are Sweet!

Mean Green 93-98

It may be a little redundant, and it may still be football season, but I felt those uniforms deserved a discussion thread.

gallery_36865_92_27051.jpeg

gallery_36865_92_14382.jpeg

gallery_36865_92_5701.jpeg

Black football uniforms still leave a bad taste in my mouth . . . but if we were to use an alternate 3rd black uniforms, that would be the uniform I would want.

Awesome job, 817 Fan.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I'm glad these are getting a positive response. The credit however goes to my good friend Jim. -He's not on this board, so I posted them. His idea is simple but sound. New conference, new brand. Personally, I like the use of the inter-locking NT on the helmet. I think we're beyond the point where we have to spell out the name of our school on the helmet. I know he has sent these mock ups to the administration. -Not sure how they went over. Hopefully they'll find some traction, I'm sure the kids would enjoy playing in them.

GMG

• Upvote 5

It really irritates me that we will never go to a look like this. This is quite possibly the best uniform concept I have seen so far. Why the AD believes that having the letters "NORTH TEXAS" spelled out on the helmet would give us more brand recognition than "NT", just absolutely boggles my mind. Who looks at the helmet to figure out what team is playing? Its displayed on the screen for the entire duration of the game for christ's sake. Usually next to a number that is lower than the other team's number.

I also don't understand what the big deal is about having black on the uniform... "But, its not a school color?!!!" Who cares? It looks badass.

Edited by aprice
  • Upvote 7

The concept is not a total re-branding campaign as well. The SOW is still on the field. North Texas is still embroidered on the front of the jersey. -Not to mention the end zones of our field are black. -so why not incorporate some black in the unis?

My .02 cents

• Upvote 3

I love this look but don't think using "North Texas" on the helmet would necessarily ruin it.

That said, if the reason for spelling out the name is to easily identify the school, then the addition of the state outline on the undersleeves seems to remove that line of reasoning.

• Upvote 1

Dear RV,

Consider this a poll of what your an base says about our current look.

I don't know that I'd necessarily say that . . . but I will say that these uniforms blow away anything I've ever seen in college football (timeless classics excepted).

Edited by Mean Green 93-98
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

You people are crazy. You hate re-branding and the constant changing of our colors, yet you want a logo on our helmet that isn't even one of our athletic department's or schools logos? I cannot compute that.

I like the looks but either use the SOW or the UNT that is the school's official logos.

• Upvote 4

You people are crazy. You hate re-branding and the constant changing of our colors, yet you want a logo on our helmet that isn't even one of our athletic department's or schools logos? I cannot compute that.

I like the looks but either use the SOW or the UNT that is the school's official logos.

You do realize that the acronym the athletic department uses is "NT" And not UNT, right? That makes their refusal to get rid of North Texas on the helmets even more baffling. If I were RV and Mac said he didn't like the uniforms I would tell him his job is to win football games and to deal with it. Mac's refusal to do anything interesting with our uniforms is baffling as well. More than just "big time" programs do interesting stuff with uniforms.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

I guess the Ath Dept didnt get the memo

Click the image of the students on the left side

http://www.ntmeangreenfootball.com/facilities.html#

• Upvote 4

This. I'm also not opposed to SOW with North Texas also on the helmet, similar to what Boise State does on their helmets. That way everyone would be happy. (Aw, who am I kidding.)

I guess the Ath Dept didnt get the memo

Click the image of the students on the left side

http://www.ntmeangre...acilities.html#

The positive on that picture. The athletes are wearing the interlocking NT on their jackets. The negative......WHERE'S THE GREEN? I wanted to ask the girls basketball team the same question as they were going around in the crowd during the GSU game in their grey/white warm-ups.