Texas San Antonio (2/27/14)

CMJ

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I'm not a fan of Benford either, but he's gotten this kids to win three straight road games. I'm not gonna bitch about him till the offseason. Should we lose out, the criticism will begin in earnest in mid March. :P

Edited by CMJ
  • Upvote 1

Nice, with the surprise win at aTm, we're a win ahead of where I expected us to be. I was only able to keep up with this by refreshing the box score online, and it seemed like a mix of exciting comeback and "they're missing a lot of shots, let's just be sure to miss less."

Side note: how does CUSA do its tourney seeds? I couldn't find crap on the website, it just keeps looping back to the same pages with no details.

• Upvote 1

Nice, with the surprise win at aTm, we're a win ahead of where I expected us to be. I was only able to keep up with this by refreshing the box score online, and it seemed like a mix of exciting comeback and "they're missing a lot of shots, let's just be sure to miss less."

Side note: how does CUSA do its tourney seeds? I couldn't find crap on the website, it just keeps looping back to the same pages with no details.

Use Wikipedia

• Upvote 2

So weird that it's on wiki and impossible to find on the conference's own site. I totally wouldn't expect Wikipedia to have some of the info they do...maybe I should stop doubting and just start looking there first. Just seems kind of random, you know? "Oh, we don't have that info on our site. But check wiki and it'll have all of the answers we don't have available for OUR OWN TOURNAMENT." Anyway yeah thanks...and so if FIU wasn't ineligible would we assume that the 10th seed would have had a first round bye as well?

• Upvote 2

Very happy for the kids.

Very sad that Benford will be back.

Yeah, whether you agree with bringing him back or not, the fact that this year's record is better than last year's (and without Mitchell, no less), it will likely be considered praise-worthy progress. If we had only won like 5-7 games this season, then RV and co. would probably have figured that was inexcusable even with the loss of Mitchell. But with an improved record after losing a player to the draft...I think even those who doubted it before would probably agree now that he will be back.

So...3rd season looks to be a lock, so even though I expect we'll still hear plenty of complaints, those complaints will probably last at least another year unless 2014-15 really does show a huge turnaround (i.e. enough that people are happy with the performance). Whether you consider it good news or bad is probably irrelevant since all of the opposition this year was ignored.

My next "stating the obvious" post will be a prediction of yesterday's weather.

This year's record is only better to non d1 opponents

2 of our wins were against d1 opponents. The same amount of opponents that Southern Miss and Middle Tennessee played. Granted they beat both opponents by much more, we all played the same amount of d2 opponents this year. Do people just believe the lies that one or two people continue to spread on these boards without simply looking at espn and comparing schedules?

Tulsa played 0 against d2 teams and LA Tech played 1. Then you have a team like ECU that played four. Two times as many as we did. Yes they beat them all. Yes ECU is a terrible team. However our schedule was comparable to any other team in our league. All it takes is a little research and not listening to people who think they can just tell un truths on the internet and somehow be believed.

Essentially sure UTEP and a few others played a top 25 team, but there were other teams that played 3 and 4 division two schools while we only played 2 during our schedule. We still played some tough teams in OU, BYU, and SFA.

I predict a game thread next year where Andrew talks to Andrew throughout because everyone else has pretty much stopped caring.

But, hey, Benford will still be coach...

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2