Ten Random Game Thoughts

GrandGreen

1. Haven't seen NT's defense hit that hard since the championship days

2. Big coaching error not to anticipate the first IU on-side kickoff

3. Great kick off coverage

4. Who cares if fans "rush" the field

5. Anyone note that Arkansas got 17 yards rushing against Alabama

6. NT was doing a much better job of estimating the crowd at Fouts, honesty is not always the best policy

7. Lay off Thompson, he like the team has gotten better every week

8. Enough complaining about the fabulous stadium; parking, walk, prices- At least act like you have been to a big time game

9. The Belt is wide open, FIU's loss guarantees that NT can still win the conference

10. The Band was great, unless you can donate enough for summer uniforms, give it a rest

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

6. NT was doing a much better job of estimating the crowd at Fouts, honesty is not always the best policy

8. Enough complaining about the fabulous stadium; parking, walk, prices- At lease act like you have been to a big time game

9. The Belt is wide open, FIU's loss guarantees that NT can still win the conference

10. The Band was great, unless you can donate enough for summer uniforms, give it a rest

That may be one of the best posts I've ever read.

I was thinking about 1 all game.

Number 8 and 10 are so true.

• Upvote 1

1. Haven't seen NT's defense hit that hard since the championship days - yes. Stock wins the big hit award of the week

2. Big coaching error not to anticipate the first IU on-side kickoff - yes... how can you not think this was coming.

3. Great kick off coverage - number 15 was a maniac, 5 yards ahead of everyone each kickoff...

4. Who cares if fans "rush" the field - lets enjoy wins... and encourage more students to show up and have fun

5. Anyone note that Arkansas got 17 yards rushing against Alabama - bamer might be good. Dunbar and hamilton had nowhere to go

6. NT was doing a much better job of estimating the crowd at Fouts, honesty is not always the best policy - stands were empty. until we fill it, lets paint the bleachers and concrete green. it won't be so obvious.

7. Lay off Thompson, he like the team has gotten better every week - yes, true. improvement is the most important thing. We only completed passes to 3 receivers(dunbar, outlaw, and bynes). we still have lots of room for improvement.

8. Enough complaining about the fabulous stadium; parking, walk, prices- At lease act like you have been to a big time game - yes yes yes yes... if we ever want to be a bigboy program, how can we complain about any of these things... have we already forgotten fouts?, really?

9. The Belt is wide open, FIU's loss guarantees that NT can still win the conference - I'm not holding my breathe for us this year, but it is up for grabs now.

10. The Band was great, unless you can donate enough for summer uniforms, give it a rest - band uniform complaints are just an extension of people not being able to handle team uniforms that don't remind us of the 50's and 60's. BAND UNIFORMS HAVE ALWAYS LOOKED STUPID. Shorts and matching t-shirts is a huge improvement to begin with.

Solid post sir.

Edited by SHOSS

1. Haven't seen NT's defense hit that hard since the championship days Seems that they did put some MEAN back into the Green.

4. Who cares if fans "rush" the field Maybe the students want to make this a victory tradition at Apogee. Why not ?

7. Lay off Thompson, he like the team has gotten better every week Stradford did dropped a sure catch for a first down that nearly drilled a hole in his stomach. Thompson can throw it, but it's up to receivers to catch it.

8. Enough complaining about the fabulous stadium; parking, walk, prices- At lease act like you have been to a big time game

9. The Belt is wide open, FIU's loss guarantees that NT can still win the conference Oh I wish, but still a long way to go.

Edited by MeanGreen61

1. Haven't seen NT's defense hit that hard since the championship days :: It's beautiful to see it, too. Monstrous hits were laid on IU.

2. Big coaching error not to anticipate the first IU on-side kickoff :: Agreed. Their 2nd attempt was a cheapshot, too.

3. Great kick off coverage :: Generally speaking, yes.

4. Who cares if fans "rush" the field :: Looks like the posts are deep-rooted, but post-tearing seems out of fashion. Also, I'm okay with field-rushes for big wins.

5. Anyone note that Arkansas got 17 yards rushing against Alabama :: Yes. Our line was great for the run tonight. Great blocking really made a difference.

7. Lay off Thompson, he like the team has gotten better every week :: Agreed. Huge strides since FIU. Bigger ones since last season.

8. Enough complaining about the fabulous stadium; parking, walk, prices- At least act like you have been to a big time game :: Prices are reasonable, the stadium amenities and features do more than make up for it. Apogee is a better venue than the AAC in my opinion. The walk isn't bad, we all could use some exercise anyways. First world problems.

9. The Belt is wide open, FIU's loss guarantees that NT can still win the conference :: Our guys will have to beat MTSU and Troy. Both look strong this season. I have faith in our guys, though.

10. The Band was great, unless you can donate enough for summer uniforms, give it a rest :: It's 90+ degrees down there. As long as our band members are in a uniform of some sort, and as long as they perform well, I'm okay with that.

I'm cool with the band wearing t-shirts and shorts. However, I do wish they'd source the shorts from one supplier so they are at least the same color khaki. Maybe call Dickies over in Ft. Worth I'd wager they could fill an order of 300+.

• Upvote 2

8. Enough complaining about the fabulous stadium; parking, walk, prices- At least act like you have been to a big time game

This post has been promoted to an article

Couldn't agree more. Thanks for posting!

1. Haven't seen NT's defense hit that hard since the championship days - Agree...and swarm to the ball!

2. Big coaching error not to anticipate the first IU on-side kickoff - Agree...many in the stands said it.

3. Great kick off coverage - Disagree...AWESOME kickoff coverage!

4. Who cares if fans "rush" the field - This was a long time coming. The players, coaches, and fans deserved it.

5. Anyone note that Arkansas got 17 yards rushing against Alabama - Bama is on a title run, no shame in our game there

6. NT was doing a much better job of estimating the crowd at Fouts, honesty is not always the best policy - Keep winning, and people will come.

7. Lay off Thompson, he like the team has gotten better every week - He's good enough to do what Canales wants, like that they've throw some QB running plays in there

8. Enough complaining about the fabulous stadium; parking, walk, prices- At least act like you have been to a big time game - People who complain have never been to a big time program's game and parked way out; Denia jackasses are missing a goldmine in charging $20 per car to let people park at their homes six Saturdays a year.

9. The Belt is wide open, FIU's loss guarantees that NT can still win the conference - I've always said, the Belt is the Belt, that's why we shouldn't accept multi-year "rebuilding" plans.

10. The Band was great, unless you can donate enough for summer uniforms, give it a rest - The band was fantastic!

This post has been promoted to an article

Edited by The Fake Lonnie Finch

Question: When IU got the "pick 6" in the early going of the 3rd quarter, SUMG and I were wondering why the hell we threw the ball in the first place! We were on our own 31 yard line. That was just the spark IU needed to launch a comeback attempt.

Question: When IU got the "pick 6" in the early going of the 3rd quarter, SUMG and I were wondering why the hell we threw the ball in the first place! We were on our own 31 yard line. That was just the spark IU needed to launch a comeback attempt.

That was the only real mistake DT made all night, and while it could've provided the spark they needed if McCord doesn't have the shoe issue then he would have been in position and I firmly believe we stop them on that drive.

I don't mind the pass but you have to hit the first man open in the route...that was dunbar..he held on too long and tried to go a little longer..bad decision. Rule of thumb in a game plan like this is hit the sure bet and don't take a chance. He should have also kept the ball on several runs that he handed to dunbar in the 4th. I think they also need to throw the ball occassionally w/ mcnulty in the game...it's becoming too predictable when he's in.

I don't mind the pass but you have to hit the first man open in the route...that was dunbar..he held on too long and tried to go a little longer..bad decision. Rule of thumb in a game plan like this is hit the sure bet and don't take a chance. He should have also kept the ball on several runs that he handed to dunbar in the 4th. I think they also need to throw the ball occassionally w/ mcnulty in the game...it's becoming too predictable when he's in.

And Brelan motioned to the opposite side of the field. WIthout double checking the replay, I remember him being wide open on the other side of the play.

It was a bad decision. I'm sure DT is facepalming himself in the film room.