South Alabama (1/12/13)

CMJ

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

One game doesn't mean much, but this one gives me hope.

I thought all the starters were very good tonight and they had to be with almost no bench.

No substitutions by Benford until about the 10 minute mark of the first half, great and the best basketball NT has played all year in that period.

Hardwick gets the game ball from me for this game.

I hate the slow down with a lead, although it worked tonight.

I don't expect anyone is going to mention NT lack of hustle in this game.

Girls were tremendous until they got tire of beating up on USA in the last 10 minutes.

• Upvote 3

I hear you and I wondered the same thing but they REALLY needed this game so I don't blame Benford for slowing it down some with the lead...he played the odds on that one.

Lee Jackson attended the game tonight - first time this season.

So one of the highest members in the University's system finally attended a university sporting event midway through their season. :goodjob:

Edited by Rudy
  • Upvote 1

Don't know if it is just a coincidence, but it sure seems to me that since PJ has taken over at the point, the ball movement seems to be much better. He seems to be much more of a distribute first mentality so the ball doesn't stop when it hits his hands in ball rotation. Seems to keep the other guys more engaged.

So one of the highest members in the University's system finally attended a university sporting event midway through their season. :goodjob:

Since he gets away with firing presidents on a regular basis, I guess that makes him THE highest member of the system. Wonder if he was really there for the game, or if he showed up just to check out Benford. :glare:

GrandGreen, on 12 Jan 2013 - 23:08, said:

I thought the same thing. Took the air out of the ball at the 10 minute mark in first half and we lost all our flow on offense. I was questioning this move cause we are not a very good half court offense. However, looking back at the players who were out, it probably made sense to stay fresh down the stretch and avoid foul trouble.

I got worried that Holmen may of suffered another concusion. looks like he was knocked out for a few minutes and didn't know where he was. Glad he came back

Speaking of... Where the hell was the training staff last night? He nor the SoAl player got help. The poor South Al dude was in obvious pain. looked like a dislocation of the elbow or shoulder. Get him the hell of the court and into the training room. Injury's happen but damn that is just negligent. Give a damn about your players' well being, instead our staff sits there with their tumb up their buts. Maybe there are so many coaches on our bench we can't find room for trainers. Inexcusable. Sorry, If you can't tell hot button issue with me.

Edited by filmerj
  • Upvote 1

Since he gets away with firing presidents on a regular basis, I guess that makes him THE highest member of the system. Wonder if he was really there for the game, or if he showed up just to check out Benford. :glare:

He finally heard that we have a basketball team.

He was there to assure him that ineptitude won't get you fired.

• Upvote 2

Alzee Williams, 40 minutes

Tony Mitchell, 39 minutes

P.J. Hardwick, 38 minutes

Jordan Williams, 33 minutes (4 fouls)

Roger Franklin, 25 minutes (fouled out)

5 subs total, 25 minutes, and only points were 4 free throws by Patton in his 9 minutes

The bench was not a factor last night, except for Patton and Coleman filling in for starters in foul trouble.

The starters were getting tired, and started to come up short on shots and committing turnovers.

Benford had no choice but to slow the game down in the last 10 minutes.

Speaking of... Where the hell was the training staff last night? He nor the SoAl player got help. The poor South Al dude was in obvious pain. looked like a dislocation of the elbow or shoulder. Get him the hell of the court and into the training room. Injury's happen but damn that is just negligent. Give a damn about your players' well being, instead our staff sits there with their tumb up their buts. Maybe there are so many coaches on our bench we can't find room for trainers. Inexcusable. Sorry, If you can't tell hot button issue with me.

I noticed the same thing. I could not believe that USA didn't have someone out a lot quicker, than NT did the same thing with Holmen. The doctors or trainers should be out there at the first sign of trouble, it looked like they didn't want to be bothered. Even the coaches stood around.

I was right behind their bench. The waterboy was staring right at the injured player and sat there, so obviously not a trainer. The "trainer" lollygagged out to mid court while the coaches stood there dumbfouded not picking out someone to sub in. Then the trainer kept the player standing on the court for a minute or two before walking him to the tunnel. All that pain for just an ice pack instead of a sling?

Me thinks either trainer ineptitude, or a stall tactic. I'm leaning towards stall tactic. After the game, the assistant coach who appeared to be the team's translator for the head coach walked over to the player and had to help him up out of the seat because he was in too much "pain" to stand up from a shoulder injury. Of course, the coach game him a light pat right beside said "injured shoulder" as they did the hand shake.

Edited by Rudy