Passing of a UNT Student

UNT 90 Grad

Wednesday of this week, UNT senior Marylinn Alvarez passed away. Her younger sister is a elementary school classmate of my daughter's within the Lovejoy ISD. Marylinn was a member of the UNT Student Government Association. I'm sure she attended a football game or two while attending North Texas. (Trying not to break forum rules.) Her family desires to have her buried in Mexico where the majority of the family resides.

I reached out to the Dean of Students office today and learned that the University lowered the UNT flag yesterday in her honor and it will remain lowered for the next seven days. A group from the Lovejoy area is raising money to help the family with the costs to send Marylinn to her final resting place in Mexico. (Marylinn was a 2011 graduate of Lovejoy High School.) If anyone is interested, feel free to make donations at http://www.gofundme.com/qrfjt8 .

4005435_1428035410.1306.png

I assure you that this is not a cruel April Fools prank, scam, or anything of that nature. If you have questions, feel free to PM me. I apologize if it's found that this is not appropriate for the forums. My family is just reaching out where we can to help in this time of need. Thank you!

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

There are no comments to display.