OPEN LETTER FROM JJ

CMJ

gallery_1_77_117937.jpg

April 19, 2012

I cannot leave a place like the University of North Texas without taking the opportunity to thank all the wonderful people that helped us on our journey.

First of all, I would like to thank our Athletic Director Rick Villareal, who did so much to help us be successful and who is instrumental in the position of the Mean Green today. I would also like to thank UNT President V. Lane Rawlins for all his support that he gave me and our program.

I would like to thank all the many people, too numerous to mention, in the athletic department behind the scenes who contributed to the daily operation of our program. Your support of our student-athletes was important and I hope you continue to do that on a daily basis for them in the future.

Finally, let me say a word about our UNT fans. We worked hard to build a successful program at North Texas that played for division and league championships and while we were averaging 21 wins over our last six seasons, you were right there with us as our sixth man. You urged our players on. You gave our players the support that great fans give that can spur them on at just the right moment.

You were a big part of our success and I hope you will continue to support the Mean Green men's basketball program as it moves forward.

My family and I love the Denton area and the people that are a part of the community. It took what only can be called a "dream" opportunity to return to my alma mater at LSU to get me to leave an extremely positive situation at the University of North Texas. Again, I wish to thank you for your support during my 11 years at UNT.

Sincerely,

Johnny Jones

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

BTW -- thanks to Army of Dad for sending me a picture of the ad. I hope I typed it up with as few errors as possible.

And one last time as a final farewell (given that we're getting a new coach in about 3 hours)....

IMAG0061.jpg

Edited by CMJ
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Never seen this before.

You mean writing a note to the fans like that? It's unusual, but not unprecedented (the most gracious was probably Weber writing a note to Illinois fans after they FIRED him).

Still classy as all hell. But you wouldn't expect anything less from him.

• Upvote 1

Now that's funny! She did not, but I hear a few folks are blaming it on a certain tailgate event. :ph34r:

She did, but since she was only here one year it was on Craigslist under missed connections. Five years would have been worth a quarter page ad.

• Upvote 1

When you're the best coach in the history of a school you don't write the fans a letter. We should all be disgusted with ourselves for not writing her.

I have now officially removed the "all hat and no cattle" moniker from you, sir! GREATNESS! :thumbsu::goodjob:

HOF worthy! So funny, but so appropriate as well.

• Downvote 1