Ohio State Interested In Dan Mccarney?

Mean Green 93-98

It looks like pure speculation, but this TV/Radio broadcaster from Des Moines thinks so.

http://twitter.com/#!/brentblum/status/75206153734332417

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I would speculate that it will be challenging for OSU to find a new head coach until the NCAA hands down the verdict and what the penalties will be. Most coaches aren't likely to take a job with something like that hanging over the program. I think that once the decision is made, coaches will know what they are dealing with and whether they want to even consider the job.

I can't tell you how hard it is to read your post with that 2-legged horse running along side. Occasionally, concentration is a bitch! :lol:

Ok, what is the greatest challenge? Taking the Ohio State job, with it's unknown NCAA sanctions, BUT still one of the best funded/supported programs in the country, or.......

Just saying that a smart coach knows what they are up against before taking the job. If it is longer than 2 years of scholarship and post season hits can be a tough sell to new recruits, even if it is a program like OSU. There are other storied programs in the area that will be able to sell against that very easily. I think that this has very likely opened the door back up to Michigan to become more of what they once were. Plus with Nebraska in the mix, there will be more impact there as well. It is still a good job, but from a fan base with high expectations, it may be tough to keep the job if you can't win with all of the baggage holding you down.

I can't tell you how hard it is to read your post with that 2-legged horse running along side. Occasionally, concentration is a bitch! :lol:

I like to test your ability to ignore distractions. Its like free throws at the opponents place.

Yeah, I don't see Mac leaving anytime soon. I think he places more emphasis on character than on money. After unpacking his suitcase and making all the "why not North Texas" speaches he would never be able to look himself in the mirror again. I think it's more about integrity than money with Mac. Afterall, if you can't live well on 4 to 500,000 thousand a year, well then, you have bigger issues in life.

Ever heard of Lane Kiffin??? I dont think he'll leave but you never know

Seriously? I love UNT but to say a coach would prefer building in Denton to maintaining in Columbus is silly. Not to mention the pay raise.

If Ohio State was in normal condition, of course a coach would prefer it to building UNT. But the coach that replaces Tressel is going to suffer the consequences of Tressel's actions while fans expect him to get the same results Tressel did.

Being the first coach to replace a giant can be a bad idea. Ron Zook learned that at Florida.

• Upvote 1