North Texas - Tony Mitchell - Three More Years

97and03

My take is that this is really designed to stir up more interest in the team. It is fun and reminds people to come out and see the team. It points out to fans and students that Tony might not be here next year, so if you want to see this NBA caliber player, you might want to do it now.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

plus 1. MTSU did a good job of shutting him down last night in comparision to his other performances. while it may sound self serving, he could benefit from another year of college ball.

MTSU did a good job on him, because every time he got the ball in the post, they sent three guys to him. This will not be a problem in the NBA. He was killing whenever they didn't double or triple team him. I think we should get him the ball on the perimeter more often, because its harder to double out there, and he can get to the basket at will or create for others.

Good God.

Hey, hey guess what..

In the grand scheme of things, none of this matters. It's a whimsical campaign parodying the current race for the

White House which also serves as means to show Tony how much the school and student body care for him - it's freaking transient kitsch, not the bloody Cuban Missile Crisis. God.

I'm really diggin these bold , to the point replies

• Upvote 3

Good God.

Hey, hey guess what..

In the grand scheme of things, none of this matters. It's a whimsical campaign parodying the current race for the White House which also serves as a means to show Tony how much the school and student body care for him - it's freaking transient kitsch, not the bloody Cuban Missile Crisis. God.

Is this what "hip-hop" is?

• Upvote 1

Maybe the administration itself in some of those schools Dr. Seuess mentioned didn't try to make the kids stay longer, but nearly every one he mentioned had a groundswell of people trying to get them to stay. Especially Kyrie Irving, since he played all of 11 games in his college career because that toe injury.

Thats what Im referring to, of course the students and fans are wanting him to stay... You can do that in chants, fb groups by students. But when the administration makes a video and starts campaining, its extreamly cheesy and pathetic

Well, his own mother isn't voting for him. When the cheerleaders tried to hand her some campaign material, she refused to accept it and said "I don't want him to stay." And when the video was played, she stood up yelling basically the same thing all the while giving the "cut it" sign across her throat. FWIW, her entourage was trying to get her to sit down and go along.

Also, if you are thinking what about the dollars donors, fans, and others contribute for his education and a lack of appreciation from her? Well, since his debut, we are probably averaging 1,000 or so extra seats sold to our games because of him. And for a game like last night, I would guess 1500. So the dollars even out.

Seems like I read the exact same thing on an entirely different website today. Mean Green internet Déjà vu!!

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

They mention staying for 3 more years 1 time in the 1:06... Overall, very clever, excellent marketing tool. I doubt the casual viewer thinks this is a heisman or POY campaign.

F'ing wrinkled and stained hundo's with this group.

Good God.

Hey, hey guess what..

In the grand scheme of things, none of this matters. It's a whimsical campaign parodying the current race for the White House which also serves as a means to show Tony how much the school and student body care for him - it's freaking transient kitsch, not the bloody Cuban Missile Crisis. God.

Yeah, but what's your take on it?

• Upvote 2

Even Tony gets in on the act at the end saying he approved this message. He is having fun with it and so should everyone here. I love seeing something done to help promote the team and Tony. He is a huge draw and we may never have someone like him here again (I certainly hope not, but Tasty once said something about Tony being the highest rated recruit ever for Mizzou so that tells you how rare this is).

If he stays for next year we will be a force to be reckoned with, and not just in the Belt. He is getting good grades, having fun and enjoying himself here. Let's hope that a combination of projected draft position, things he wants to work on in his game and a great, fun college experience are enough for him to stay one more year. Then he leaves as a top 10 pick and we get to see Tony Mitchell-North Texas flash up on the screen as they get ready to call his name before we welcome the next highly rated recruit since they now know for sure they can get to the NBA from here.

I think theres other ways to handle it, thats just my opinion. It looks like his mother doesnt approve it, and I think she has a good head on her shoulders unlike some other ones. Yes Tony was Mizzous highest rated recruit, he is special... Im hoping that we can turn this program the same way Hayward did with Bulter... Yes they went to the championship game back to back, I dont think that but I do think we can make a run in the tournament with everyone returning next year and put North Texas on the map. Like I said before I just think they is better ways to handle this situation but this marketing team has never been good at marketing

My only comment here is that it sure isn't hurting to be getting 5,500 fans out for home games with the kind of excitement he's seeing out of the crowds. I've been coming to MG BB games for a LONG time, probably 10 years and I've NEVER seen this kind of energy from the crowds over the last couple of years. It was so loud at times it was electric. I can't imagine the insanity that would have broken out had we won that game vs MT. Keep this up and we may see more recruits like Tony in our future.

• Upvote 1