My Second New Stadium Tour

greenjoe

I just got back from the new stadium. The Denton Main Street group put this event on. It was very well attended, but was more local business people as opposed to Mean Green fans. Early on, we were told that there was still some construction going on and that the tour would be limited to the deck. A deck tour was not what I came for.

So after a bit of whining, a pick up tour was arranged for 2 Club Level seat couples and my wife and me.

We started at the delivery and recycling area and worked our way up. We got to the suites and our first stop was the President's Suite. It's a douoble wide and I mean that in the good way. We saw a regular suite and then went down to the Club Level.

My wife and I got to sit in our actual seats and they're great. Not looking for something to complain about, but the railing is a bit high for me. I'm about 5'9" and if I don't sit up straight, the top of the rail is going to be an issue for me. However, in light of all the people that keep falling over railings at sporting events, well, I'm just going to sit up straight. My Mom will be proud.

Next, to the Ball Room part of the Club Level. We were told it has capacity for 300 people and there's a bar and buffet that you already know about. The very tall windows to the west allow a view forever. The people we were with were convinced that they could see the wind turbines in St. Jo, Texas (?). Who knew.

Down to the Lower Bowl we went. I noticed there is a greeat deal of room between rows (my knees-your back). I also went to the first row and the view from there of the field is less obstructed that from the Club Level. Sitting on that first row, I almost got the feeling that I was sitting too close to the field. Great sightline.

I was told that the small scoreboard (little mama I'm told)is actually bigger than the scoreboard at Fouts. The big board (big mama-really, that's what they called them) has some kind of super resolution. The volume level has only been tested using "white noise" so far. Further tests are scheduled for later this week. All the PA speakers are mounted in Big Mama.

The floor in the concourse area is not just poured concrete. It's patterned and we were told it is supposed to look like a "bird's nest." An "avary" I suggested. The fan store is very nice an is part of the ticket office. They look separate, but one leads to the other.

I loved it. And I can't wait for September 10. Sorry for the length of this post, but there's a lot to talk

about.

GO MEAN GREEN

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Sorry Eastwood. that never occured to me. but I assume the first seat and rail height is the same as the west side. And the same ample foot room.