Movie Night@ New Stadium -Friday, August 26

bstnsportsfan3

"Movie night at Mean Green Stadium will be on Friday, August 26, 8pm on the new stadium Video Board. Free and open to the public. #MeanGreen"

That was on twitter from @MeanGreen. Smart move by the university to make it free to everyone...pack people in and let em see your new product...

anyone have a clue on what the movie will be? on twitter they said it wont be a football movie.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

If it's not Necessary Roughness, then logically it has to be Robocop.

It ought to be a movie about a bunch of scrappy upstarts who overcome everyone's low expectations and their own apparent limitations, and overachieve to a level nobody could have imagined.

Is there any True Underdog Story out there like that?

It ought to be a movie about a bunch of scrappy upstarts who overcome everyone's low expectations and their own apparent limitations, and overachieve to a level nobody could have imagined.

Is there any True Underdog Story out there like that?

I think that movie is called Clueless.

• Upvote 3

Has it ever been discussed to have the last scrimmage of fall practice there?

Would the field be ready by then?

Could also generate some buzz. Talk it up around campus and around town, charge $5 bucks a piece and give it to a local charity or something?

You mean a local not for profit? For example, the University of North Texas? ;)

Not sure how the two are mutually exclusive, especially since the first game isn't until Sept 10. I know for a fact that they wanted to do something big before the first game. I got that first hand from RV, though I have to admit my info is 6 months old. I have not followed up to see if the people that they invited to come in for the first game accepted or not.

I heard the same thing too, but it seems like if anything as big as a concert was being planned we would have heard something by now. Hopefully, they can surprise us.

If Joe Don Baker is the theme then go with The Natural.

But he didn't star in The Natural.

Actually, if they were going to subject the students to Mitchell, they should invite Mike Nelson* to "MST it" live - but Joe Don wouldn't like that.

* no, not the Dline coach - but then again, maybe he could!