Middle Tennessee State (12/31/12)

CMJ

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Have to say.....when I say Clarke coming in for that last play I had a good gut feeling that he would get a chance for the 3 before the break. He nailed it. I really hope that this kind of situation and him coming out on top can help fix his shooting woes.

Have to say.....when I say Clarke coming in for that last play I had a good gut feeling that he would get a chance for the 3 before the break. He nailed it. I really hope that this kind of situation and him coming out on top can help fix his shooting woes.

He will get in a rhythm. In sure it is a little nerve racking going for Argyle High School to D1 Basketball. His three point shooting if it gets going hot could be a big part of the team turning a corner. He does need to improve on D though.

I agree. If he can get hot, it will help spread the floor, which will help things open up on offense. That is the big problem that I have seen with this team. No shooters make defenses get tight, which makes it hard to get a good shot.

What I have a hard time understanding is how we are so terrible at shooting. We look like we just put a bunch of computer science majors on the court.

How can such highly recruited BASKETBALL players be so bad at such a critical part of the game!!! Is our goal an authentic state fair of Texas rim?!?

Doesn't help them that so few of the shots are open. Tired of watching pass the ball around 6-7 feet behind the three point line followed by a shot rushed before shot clock violation. Thought coach said we would get out and run...guess he just meant they would get out and run in practice before the game...

• Upvote 1

Coach Benford does not have the heart and soul of this team like Coach Jones did. I have spoke with several of the players and they still wish Coach Forrest had been hired. He was like a father to these guys. Benford doesn't have that relationship with the team. Jones brought in guys who had troubled pasts or had no father figures. The Old coaching staff filled that void for these guys. Until Benford understands what makes these guys tick, he won't be able to motivate them or bring them together. Rick V hired the wrong guy if he wanted to capitalize on the talent that was already here.

• Upvote 2