Mid-Week Thoughts on Ohio vs. North Texas

Mean_Green09

This isn’t a must win for UNT, but it certainly could be a defining and a statement win. North Texas hasn’t had many chances in recent years of having a win that could help make a season. I think a win at Ohio would be a huge shot of momentum in the arm of this team.

Which QB plays the best? How could you not love how Derek Thompson played if you’re an UNT fan? On the other side it couldn’t be much worse for Ohio starter Tyler Tettleton. I have a feeling that Tettleton is going to rebound this week. He is too good not to rebound. I’m more intrigued on how well Thompson will play. He lit up an awful Idaho secondary, but now he is on the road against a formidable foe. Also Ohio’s secondary is looking to rebound.

After watching both teams play last week I’m convinced UNT has the best player out of each team. His name is Zach Orr. He is a monster making plays all over the field. He will be playing on Sunday book it.

Key to the game for UNT is stopping the run. I think Ohio’s offensive line is hurting with injuries and if the Mean Green can stuff the run and force the pass well then they will increase their sack total (5). Key word here is FORCE them to pass. If Ohio is running pass plays off play action look out. UNT does itself no favors against the play action. The Mean Green safeties love to bite.

UNT will also need to survive the early rush of emotion. Weather the storm. Ohio is going to come out playing like a bunch rabid bobcats. Ohio forgot about the Louisville game as soon as the clock struck 00:00. They will be looking to get the fans involved early. It’s a good thing those same fans haven’t quite forgot Louisville yet. Here is to hoping UNT keeps them quite from the opening kick-off

Love to see the depth come into play again on Saturday. I think Ohio has better talent in their 1’s, but I think UNT is deeper. I’m looking for the same cast of characters we saw last week to get involved.

Does Dajon play? Just wondering if there is a package we see for him this week. I do think that he can make this team better by just playing a few snaps.

It’s going to be a nice change of weather for UNT players. Game time temperatures should be in the low 80’s upper 70’s. I hope they bring back the W and the Weather with them.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Good stuff, but I'm more intrigued about how well the receiving corps will represent. 12 players caught passes last week. Proving that when DT has open receivers, he can get the ball to them. Secondly, I want to see some more muscle from the OL. They are a strong point on the team, but my jury is still out on their effectiveness in the run game close to the goal line.

• Upvote 1

Good stuff, but I'm more intrigued about how well the receiving corps will represent. 12 players caught passes last week. Proving that when DT has open receivers, he can get the ball to them. Secondly, I want to see some more muscle from the OL. They are a strong point on the team, but my jury is still out on their effectiveness in the run game close to the goal line.

Red Zone execution was something that worried me a bit last week. We scored plenty, but I still had the similar feelings about scoring inside the 20 that I did last year.

• Upvote 4

Red Zone execution was something that worried me a bit last week. We scored plenty, but I still had the similar feelings about scoring inside the 20 that I did last year.

Especially concerning if, in the redzone, field goals aren't guaranteed (evidenced by the extra point struggles).

• Upvote 1