Indiana Prediction Thread

Matt

I think that the 12th man will carry us through the first half again, but I'm not sure they can do it themselves in the second. There is definitely improvement from week to week so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt this time. I'd like to see some shots down field this time but suspect we will stay on the ground unfortunately :(

NT 27

IU 24

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

With all due respect to the Hoosier fans out there, prepare for a Mean Green ass whoopin'. This game will be the equivalent of the 01' MTSU game where we looked dead in the water coming in, but beat a good MTSU game, gained much needed confidence and ran the table. Green Kool-Aid for sale, $.25 a cup. Drink Up!

ok, some numbers on how the teams are rated:

Presnapread (I like and respect Presnapread):

preseaseason: UNT ranked 102nd, Indiana ranked 103rd

reranking after week 3: UNT ranked 110th, Indiana ranked 106th

Jeff Sagarins computer (suffering from the flaws of early season):

UNT, 148th, Indiana 107th.

depending on which of his rankings you use he'll have the line at between 4 and 9 points in favour of Indiana (home advantage counted in).

the bleacher report (ok, that don't mean anything) had UNT last week as it's worst team in the nation,while Indiana was the 22nd worst team.

I strongly expect ESPNs Bottom 10 to make this its pillow fight of the week.

Despite the slight favor in these numbers for Indiana, I get the feeling that for a big 10 team to be as similarly rated as Indiana is to UNT, it actually has to be worse. Also I feel this will be a game where the offenses will make the defenses look good:

prediction: UNT 13, Indiana 9

Edited by outoftown

NT defense gels even more with another 4+ sack game and a big pick. Chancellor will have another 250-ish yard game and good field position makes the difference. Dunbar gets 120+ yards.

NT 24

IU 17

The reality of Brelan Chancellor leading the nation in all-purpose yards is not a good thing! We are getting scored on a ton, and he has to keep fielding kickoffs.

Now, lets hope that if he approaches 250 yards in this game, it's because he ran back a bunch of punts, or because Thompson has thrown over 150 of those yards to him.

• Upvote 1

I spent my entire undergraduate career watching a basketball team that won but a single home game in four years.

I've spent my entire graduate career watching a football team that has won but a single home game against a pretend FBS opponent.

I won't make a prediction, but it's about time that this trend of my sports fandom changed course.

• Upvote 2

Now, lets hope that if he approaches 250 yards in this game, it's because he ran back a bunch of punts, or because Thompson has thrown over 150 of those yards to him.

I like to think that's what he meant.

Also, Brelan's average return is still pretty good, right?

I like to think that's what he meant.

Also, Brelan's average return is still pretty good, right?

Oh yes! His average is great! That's because he is a really good player.

He leads in all-purpose yardage though because he is so good at returning kicks. The more times he is kicked to, the more yards he gets. He's also a pretty nice receiver, so he gets plenty of yards that way as well. Hopefully, he doesn't have to accrue all of his yards this Saturday by returning kickoffs, rather punts!

• Upvote 1

The reality of Brelan Chancellor leading the nation in all-purpose yards is not a good thing! We are getting scored on a ton, and he has to keep fielding kickoffs.

120 yds kickoff returns (30 yard average), 80 yards receiving, 50 yards returning punts.

Based on the Alabama game one of the things that gives me hope that these men can win is that Hamilton can cut and go. If they use Dunbar for screens and passes in the flat and DT can hit Outlaw on some passes down the field I expect North Texas will win!!

Why, because it will spread the defense and then Dunbar can begin to run up the middle with devistating results.

GMG

UNT 71

Based on the Alabama game one of the things that gives me hope that these men can win is that Hamilton can cut and go. If they use Dunbar for screens and passes in the flat and DT can hit Outlaw on some passes down the field I expect North Texas will win!!

Why, because it will spread the defense and then Dunbar can begin to run up the middle with devistating results.

GMG

UNT 71