Fouts Demolition Begins June 17

UNTflyer

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Great find Flyer! I wonder why they keep the west stands?

They'll keep it for track & field purposes until facilities are constructed at Eagle Point.

See again: these slides from the Master Planning presentations recently.

kpfn2bS.jpg

The demolition of those portions of the stands are within the 1-5 Phase (i.e. now) to make room for the visitor's center and such, and the track facilities across the highway will come sometime later. Edited by Christopher Walker
  • Upvote 2

Knowing my track record, I wouldn't be surprised if the construction worker from the Village People gets the addresses mixed up and my virginity is demolished instead.

FIFY.

Hey, he wants to play games all the time. Open season.

• Upvote 3

Knowing UNT's track record, I wouldn't be surprised if the deconstruction crew gets the names mixed up and Apogee is demolished instead.

Knowing your track record, you don't have contact with girls. Sorry champ, Internet girlfriends don't count.

• Upvote 3

I live in my mom's basement and I creep people out in person. I have no friends so I am an Internet troll. I like meatloaf. I went to UNT because I like the singer meatloaf and the actual meatloaf as well. However, in Denton I cried a lot because I missed mom's meatloaf and the security of her basement. Will someone here be my bff? I am so lonely. Seriously, so lonely.

This is what I read between the lines.

Edited by UNTexas
  • Upvote 2

http://bsc.untsystem.edu/sites/default/files/RFCSP752-13-143050-CC.pdf

Check out the drawing, it looks to me that the north, east, and south stands will all go away.

1.1 Specifications Scope of Work

The scope of work of this RFCSP is for the partial demolition of Fouts Field Stadium

A set of the 100% Construction Documents and Specification has been included (Attachment C) for use in preparation of the proposal.

Contractor must be on site to begin demolition NO LATER THAN June 17, 2013

If they use explosives to bring it down, it would only be right if you were the one to set off the charge. You earned at least that much.

• Upvote 1

Did they ever remove the relief portrayls? And if not, were they still planning on it before the demolition (or is it impossible)?

I was wondering the same thing. i remember that there was some discussion about taking those down and using them in the construction of the new stadium. Because some people thought the each relief represented some actual NT events, but it turns out that they were just generic representations.

But even if they were/are generic, they represent the only part of the Fouts field structure that looked half way classy, and ought to be preserved and/or auctioned off.

I would imagine that everything possible will be sold to boost revenue, and if not, then it needs to be re-thought. Sell the crappy scoreboard, bricks to alums, whatever. I know Fouts was crappy, falling apart, and outdated, but I have tons of great memories of it and hope to wander a bit there while it's still being used for track.

• Upvote 1