For My Friend Silver Eagle

DeepGreen

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Who are you calling old?......................................................... B)

Thanks Phil! Not a bad version of the fight song. At least it doesn't have that STUPID CAW in it!............ :growl:

I've looked for a similar utube of our alma mater (the words following the tune), but I can't find one on the web. I just found a version that has a blank screen and the song playing in the background. Surely someone has produced a "sing along" version.

You'll find it at the link below.

And BTW, I find it interesting that just about every other school on this web-site has several tunes, but we only have two. Kind of ironic when you consider our reputation as a music school.

http://fightmusic.com/confusa.html

Edited by SilverEagle

And the UNT pennant at top of the CUSA page has burnt orange letters on green?

Did Craig Helwig put this graphic together? :)

A Request:

Someone on this board with real connections please have Apogee Stadium graphic crew put our alma mater and fight song lyrics on both scoreboards when the Green Brigade plays them at pre-game, right?

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

And the UNT pennant at top of the CUSA page has burnt orange letters on green?

Did Craig Helwig put this graphic together? :)

A Request:

Someone on this board with real connections please have Apogee Stadium graphic crew put our alma mater and fight song lyrics on both scoreboards when the Green Brigade plays them at pre-game, right?

Excellent request Jim.

If we need to put the fight song lyrics on the board so people can sing along, we are in a much worse state than I thought.

Also, If you don't know the words, you likely also don't know the melody, so how could you sing along?

If we need to put the fight song lyrics on the board so people can sing along, we are in a much worse state than I thought.

Also, If you don't know the words, you likely also don't know the melody, so how could you sing along?

How is that?

And just WTH is suddenly wrong with Texas? :zoro::crazysmile:

At Fouts they used to put Glory To The Green lyrics on the jumbotron and I did notice more sang as compared to when they don't put them on Apogees jumbotron.

In some churches they also have hymnals for those who don't know all the hymns? Amazing concept to have lyrics available to those who need them? :hair: (I'm just a-funnin' with you, MeanGreenTexan)

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

How is that?

And just WTH is suddenly wrong with Texas? :zoro::crazysmile:

At Fouts they used to put Glory To The Green lyrics on the jumbotron and I did notice more sang as compared to when they don't put them on Apogees jumbotron.

In some churches they also have hymnals for those who don't know all the hymns? Amazing concept to have lyrics available to those who need them? :hair: (I'm just a-funnin' with you, MeanGreenTexan)

GMG!

No worries. I love me a hymnal, but there are a ton of songs in there... At a UNT football game, we only sing 2 songs. Our Fight Song, and our Alma Mater. Every UNT student/alumnus should know the words to those 2 songs.

And if you're a visitor, especially as an alumnus of a different school, I wouldn't really expect you to sing along with either if you don't want to.

I went to an Aggie game and not once uttered any of their songs or cheers or whatever. I had to do the sway thing for "saw varsity's horns off" or the people sitting around me would have had a conniption.