Florida International (2/9/13)

CMJ

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

But you can't.

The official roster shows 14 players, not 15. Not even 65 percent.

http://www.meangreensports.com/SportSelect.dbml?&DB_OEM_ID=1800&SPID=564&SPSID=9109

C'mon skiverdrew. At least keep your lies straight.

There are apparent walk ons who do not appear. I said close to 15. He was the one who claimed that it was 50 percent. He insinuated that I was not in the know of half of the team. I listed 5 players. There are roughly 15 (any walk ons?) that to mea leaves it at 10/15 which is 2/3.... Also even if it was 14 it would be about at 65 percent. 9/14 is .64 and change.

There are apparent walk ons who do not appear. I said close to 15. He was the one who claimed that it was 50 percent. He insinuated that I was not in the know of half of the team. I listed 5 players. There are roughly 15 (any walk ons?) that to mea leaves it at 10/15 which is 2/3.... Also even if it was 14 it would be about at 65 percent. 9/14 is .64 and change.

So your definition of all is 67%?

Edited by meangreenacct

So your definition of all is 67%?

Now are you are just playing silly.... I said I made a blanket statment and did not know all of them. Good grief. At least I can get some information. I am more interested here from travis on which of them is unsatisfied or frustrated.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Seriously??

This is a bit, right?

Lol!!

I am really jot following. Are you trying to say my math is wrong? Because it is not. Or are you trying to question what I am saying? Because I always try to put on here what I know. I assumed that is what this board was about. Instead it cares more about about people whining and complaint... In fact it praises them. It is dipping to the status of the boards on espn with the garbage typed on here.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I am really jot following. Are you trying to say my math is wrong? Because it is not. Or are you trying to question what I am saying? Because I always try to put on here what I know. I assumed that is what this board was about. Instead it cares more about about people whining and complaint... In fact it praises them. It is dipping to the status of the boards on espn with the garbage typed on here.

So, what you are saying is that you have had a one on one, private conversation with 10 of the 15 players on this roster and all have told you they are 100 percent behind the current coach?

Again, lol!!!

So, what you are saying is that you have had a one on one, private conversation with 10 of the 15 players on this roster and all have told you they are 100 percent behind the current coach?

Again, lol!!!

I never said that. I am saying after talking to certain people I am fairly confident that a majority of this team has this coaches back and want to right the sinking ship. I guess I get the feeling most believe that they want to abandon ship instead of riding it out.

I could be wrong just as I could be wrong about Benford having a much better season next year. These are my opinions and you have yours. Maybe I see the glass half full.... Idk. If I am wrong I will happily admit it. I have before. Either way I will always support unt sports. Especially basketball!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I never said that. I am saying after talking to certain people I am fairly confident that a majority of this team has this coaches back and want to right the sinking ship. I guess I get the feeling most believe that they want to abandon ship instead of riding it out.

I could be wrong just as I could be wrong about Benford having a much better season next year. These are my opinions and you have yours. Maybe I see the glass half full.... Idk. If I am wrong I will happily admit it. I have before. Either way I will always support unt sports. Especially basketball!

Big difference in what you originally said and what you are saying here, that is where the rub comes in most of your posts. Everyone on here has opinions, big difference between that and trying to represent your opinions as fact.

• Upvote 2

First you say all the players have his back and you are certain of that, them you say 10 of 15 have his back, then you admit you have only talked to guys who have talked to players who say they have Benford's back and throw in that you might be wrong.

Again, Lol!

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 1

First you say all the players have his back and you are certain of that, them you say 10 of 15 have his back, then you admit you have only talked to guys who have talked to players who say they have Benford's back and throw in that you might be wrong.

Again, Lol!

I said it was a blanket statement... Would it have sounded better if I had a fraction in the middle of my sentence? I just kind of assumed from what I have read and heard that it would carry accord the board. But those 5 who knows. Alzee has seemed to have an attitude lately. So who knows. That is why I am interested to hear what Travis has to say. I like to learn what I can from who I can when it comes behind the scenes information.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I am not one to really talk about particulars in this regard. I see irritability. And, that goes with the disappointment of the season I am sure... they all had big expectations and it just isn't happening.

One thing I was/have been impressed with is how many of them go about sharing their opinions. They are really good about representing the team, the coach, and themselves fairly well. They aren't going to be quick to trash anyone. Some keep it to themselves and wont say anything at all.

I think they all "like" coach benford. hell, I like coach benford. Just like JJ, He cares about what they do and who they are on and off the court. I want him to do well. I am not rooting for failure or anything like that. I am just not covinced that he can even get this thing back to JJ levels. If he sticks around, i hope I am wrong.

But, back to the players, I don't think they all have his back. No, not think... I know it isn't true for everyone. They have their frustrations and uncertainties now and even some in preseason with him. There were some things they questioned and with the lack of results those questions get louder. Do they look at themselves too? sure. I think with the failure of this season, they are really frustrated with everything. They are a close group. Closer than any group I have ever seen from UNT BB the past 6 years. But, they have been all together more than Benford has been here. They respect the coach because he is the coach. But, from my conversations I do not get the impression that they would go to battle for him. I have spoke with more than just those 5 in the past that you have mentioned. It isn't that they don't like him. They like him, but I just get the impression that they don't have complete buy in. And who can blame them? Look at how this season has gone.

Oh, one more thing... I wouldn't be all to shocked to see Tony Mitchel in a north texas uniform next year.

• Upvote 3

Thanks Travis! I like the post. Everyone wants it to all come together for this group. The ad, the players, the coaching staff all want this season to be successful.I do honestly think that slowly they are working more with each other. I did have a different opinion at the beginning of the season when I saw more frustration. I also think Tony stays if not just to ply with CJ for a full year. I could be wrong but really who knows.

• Upvote 2

Thanks Travis! I like the post. Everyone wants it to all come together for this group. The ad, the players, the coaching staff all want this season to be successful.I do honestly think that slowly they are working more with each other. I did have a different opinion at the beginning of the season when I saw more frustration. I also think Tony stays if not just to ply with CJ for a full year. I could be wrong but really who knows.

I'm sure Tony wanted a full year out of CJ this season.

No guarantees, just trends.