Florida International (2/9/13)

CMJ

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Good job players. My contacts at Denton PD tell me this group of ruffians haven't held up any hanks or kicked any puppies this week...so it's no surprise they were able to concentrate on basketball.

At some point, I'll probably need you to drop a good word about me to Denton's finest.

• Upvote 1

Great win the players hustled on the court and got it down. still far to many turn overs, but once CJ is back we will be a dangerous team. Stillgoing to be hard to beat Middle but anything can happen. Colman is slowly getting more aggressive and he was hacked all day. He gets shoved more then anyone every game and it never gets called.

• Upvote 2

Great win the players hustled on the court and got it down. still far to many turn overs, but once CJ is back we will be a dangerous team. Stillgoing to be hard to beat Middle but anything can happen. Colman is slowly getting more aggressive and he was hacked all day. He gets shoved more then anyone every game and it never gets called.

I guess we weren't watching the same game.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Great win by the Mean Green! Great hustle, great energy, and great resilience to hold onto the lead with Tony in foul trouble. Also these two stats don't hurt:

We won the rebound battle 26-12.

We also made 10 more free throws than FIU on 12 more attempts, which shows that we were aggressive. We got them into foul trouble and kept the pressure on.

Overall, amazing win by the Mean Green. Also, Smith Sucks!

• Upvote 1

In reference to what? I have realized that you just do not have a basketball iq whatsoever but everything I said was relatively simple and was the talk of everyone around me.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 7

In reference to what? I have realized that you just do not have a basketball iq whatsoever but everything I said was relatively simple and was the talk of everyone around me.

We played really well tonight, but let's tap the breaks before saying the worm has turned on this thing.

• Upvote 1

Yeah, where were you. Coleman got hammered all night. On one of his turnovers, he went high for the ball and got a forearm across the back, knocked him forward and the ball went off his finger tips. No call. The refs don't call enough fouls. FIU grabbed Jordan on a long rebound to stop a breakaway. No call. Jay Bilas did a piece on ESPN's sat morning pregame show on how the rough play is ruining the game. College bb is on apace to have the lowest scoring season since 1952. This is the biggest change in bb since i have been watching (1950s). It doesn't look like the same game. The artistry is gone; it's muscle and banging.

• Upvote 2

We played really well tonight, but let's tap the breaks before saying the worm has turned on this thing.

I said we could be dangerous and at this point I do not sees beating middle. What do I need to pump the breaks on? The fact that as we continue I think we can beat Troy, la la, and company? I do not think that is to lofty a goal. I just cannot comprehend this. I can hold an actual conversation with players or a coach and we are all on the same page. I come on here and it is absolute CRAP! Not you CMJ but a lot of people on here know absolutely nothing about basketball. All they think is we lose and benford is the change so let's blame him. Every single player on that team has his back. I would love for someone on these boards to confront one of these players with their "opinions" about this team and the coach. They will get told off so fast and made to look like a fool. There is a reason Benford is the coach and the players have earned scholarships at a d1 school.... And there is a reason a majority of the people on these boards do not coach at any level or play at any level and hide behind a computer screen.

Edited by Andrew
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Yeah, where were you. Coleman got hammered all night. On one of his turnovers, he went high for the ball and got a forearm across the back, knocked him forward and the ball went off his finger tips. No call. The refs don't call enough fouls. FIU grabbed Jordan on a long rebound to stop a breakaway. No call. Jay Bilas did a piece on ESPN's sat morning pregame show on how the rough play is ruining the game. College bb is on apace to have the lowest scoring season since 1952. This is the biggest change in bb since i have been watching (1950s). It doesn't look like the same game. The artistry is gone; it's muscle and banging.

I watched the same bit and mentioned it during the game! Obvisouly jay does not watch the sunbelt because he would be able to do a whole piece on it.

I said we could be dangerous and at this point I do not sees beating middle. What do I need to pump the breaks on? The fact that as we continue I think we can beat Troy, la la, and company? I do not think that is to lofty a goal. I just cannot comprehend this. I can hold an actual conversation with players or a coach and we are all on the same page. I come on here and it is absolute CRAP! Not you CMJ but a lot of people on here know absolutely nothing about basketball. All they think is we lose a d Benford is the change so let's blame him. Every single player on that team has his back. I would love for someone on these boards to confront of of these players with their "opinions" about this team and the coach. They will get told off so fast and made to look like a fool. There is a reason Benford is the coach and the players have earned scholarships at a d1 school.... And there is a reason a majority of the people on these boards do not coach at any level or play at any level and hide behind a computer screen.

ULL beat us by 31 at their place. The usual body language of the players does not give many on the board confidence that the players respect Benford (the TV cameras in the last game catching PJ Hardwick rolling his eyes at Benford was discussed in the chatroom).

Right now we are the ten seed. I believe the 7 seed would be FAU, who we did beat on the road. So a win in Hot Springs is semi-realistic at this point. But the standings are fluid and we could end up with a really crappy matchup.

North Texas was 24-of-32 (75%) from the floor as a team on Saturday against Florida International. It is the best team field goal percentage in a Division I game this season (min. 30 FGA).

ESPN Stats & Information

Great to see the shooting come around, but cannot expect to repeat 75%.

I said we could be dangerous and at this point I do not sees beating middle. What do I need to pump the breaks on? The fact that as we continue I think we can beat Troy, la la, and company? I do not think that is to lofty a goal. I just cannot comprehend this. I can hold an actual conversation with players or a coach and we are all on the same page. I come on here and it is absolute CRAP! Not you CMJ but a lot of people on here know absolutely nothing about basketball. All they think is we lose a d Benford is the change so let's blame him. Every single player on that team has his back. I would love for someone on these boards to confront of of these players with their "opinions" about this team and the coach. They will get told off so fast and made to look like a fool. There is a reason Benford is the coach and the players have earned scholarships at a d1 school.... And there is a reason a majority of the people on these boards do not coach at any level or play at any level and hide behind a computer screen.

Played my whole life, Andy.

Funny thing is you say things that many of us know for a fact are just blatantly untrue .

It is a good source for humor.

Every game left on the schedule is winnable. I'll be happy if we manage to win one more.

After all, we have lost 10 conference games already that were winnable.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Played my whole life, Andy.

Funny thing is you say things that many of us know for a fact are just blatantly untrue .

It is a good source for humor.

Every game left on the schedule is winnable. I'll be happy if we manage to win one more.

After all, we have lost 10 conference games already that were winnable.

Please explain to me what is un ture? I am interested.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Just out of curiosity, which of your personas talks to the players? Skiver? Andrew? A new one?

And what do expect a player to say? "Yes, random stalker dude, I have lost respect for my coach. I'm glad you asked...and why is your hand in your pants?"

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 2

I know my thoughts don't merit a thread, but the FIU thread is locked.

Girls

Girls cannot seem to win at home, it been almost a month

Outstanding night for Goodwin

Florida International lives up to their name with about 7 international players

Coley of FIU had 26 but it was the 6'3 Russian that killed NT

Teams that were confused with Petersen zone are now destroying it

Guys

Hallelujah

Shoot like that and you should be able to beat anybody

I thought Hardwick was the star of the game for NT

Not big stats: 9 points 4 tos and only 1 ast

But he and Williams did well against that FIU press

Hardwick also adding some offense, so they had to guard him

Mitchell set the record for fouling 3 point shooters

2 within 1 minute of his playing time, and both made the shoot

Seldom called on a made 3 pointer unless you knock someone down

He gets absolutely no calls.

Really everyone played well on the offensive end

The defense was bad, especially when Mitchell was out

FIU drove to the basket at will despite being an overall short team

Happy for the team, but you are not going to shoot 75% often

Not overly excited till they string a few wins together

Must have invited every school in the county, paid tickets were the usual pathetic

Good crowd until it got close to bed time, crowd shrink to less than half that were there in beginning for last 15 minutes

Got to see one dancing group, one dribbling group, one jump rope group Covered all the basics

• Upvote 7

I know my thoughts don't merit a thread, but the FIU thread is locked.

Girls

Girls cannot seem to win at home, it been almost a month

Outstanding night for Goodwin

Florida International lives up to their name with about 7 international players

Coley of FIU had 26 but it was the 6'3 Russian that killed NT

Teams that were confused with Petersen zone are now destroying it

Guys

Hallelujah

Shoot like that and you should be able to beat anybody

I thought Hardwick was the star of the game for NT

Not big stats: 9 points 4 tos and only 1 ast

But he and Williams did well against that FIU press

Hardwick also adding some offense, so they had to guard him

Mitchell set the record for fouling 3 point shooters

2 within 1 minute of his playing time, and both made the shoot

Seldom called on a made 3 pointer unless you knock someone down

He gets absolutely no calls.

Really everyone played well on the offensive end

The defense was bad, especially when Mitchell was out

FIU drove to the basket at will despite being an overall short team

Happy for the team, but you are not going to shoot 75% often

Not overly excited till they string a few wins together

Must have invited every school in the county, paid tickets were the usual pathetic

Good crowd until it got close to bed time, crowd shrink to less than half that were there in beginning for last 15 minutes

Got to see one dancing group, one dribbling group, one jump rope group Covered all the basics

Good post. However, I am not impressed with Petersen blowing his cork. Intensity is one thing in the heat of battle, trying to luck tough is another. Aston was intense but kept it under control. But to the point of yelling that the majority of pit can hear you is a bit much. Mike needs to heed his own advice and remember its just a ball. Edited by Green Dozer
  • Upvote 1

Now, I know this statement isn't true.

I was making a blanket statement of what I know. I honestly do not know about PJ, Colman, Walton, Patton, and Alzze. If you have news on those 5 players let us know! I have no insight into that group at all.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I was making a blanket statement of what I know. I honestly do not know about PJ, Colman, Walton, Patton, and Alzze. If you have news on those 5 players let us know! I have no insight into that group at all.

So your definition of all is like half? Interesting.

So your definition of all is like half? Interesting.

The other half were either guarding the 3 from a 2-3 zone or trapping in the corner from that same zone.

Too busy to talk to random stalker dude at the Rec.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1