East Carolina (2/15/14)

CMJ

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I've recently made my way over to the A&M fan board since being admitted to A&M law school and they have the same debate on their page. The fact is, if you can't make the most of the talent you have, it's time to move on.

Casual brag.

• Upvote 4

You do know that half the attendance was grade schoolers? Best we could hope for is UTEP to bring a solid crowd and people to come out for the last home game. Best I see attendance for the final two games is 3500.

Don't folks on here routinely bash the AD for not getting more butts in the stands by doing more promotions? Now we are going to discount attendance because it was the result of a promotion?

We are a schizophrenic bunch here on GMG.

Don't folks on here routinely bash the AD for not getting more butts in the stands by doing more promotions? Now we are going to discount attendance because it was the result of a promotion?

I'm not putting anyone down for the promotion. I am putting down the suggestion that we need to continue bringing those kinds of numbers when in fact the sole reason we had that many at the game was due to that very promotion. Before our fall from grace we could achieve that kind of attendance without that type of promotion. If we wanted to, we could perhaps have topped 6000 to 7000 if we did that 2 years ago.

Edited by UNTFan23
  • Upvote 1

During the last year of JJ, 4k fans a game paid full price to come to the games.

A bunch of buy one, get one free tickets would mean actual paid attendance was maybe 2600.

Don't get me wrong, that is great, especially for the crap product being thrown out there every night, but it still demonstrates how fast and how far this program has fallen.

Edited by UNT90

I don't think anyone's bashing the fact that there were a lot of people at the game. It's more to do with the conversation this week on here about how attendance has dropped significantly under Benford, and how that would've been true again if you don't count the kids who came to the game on yellow dogs.

I, personally, like the promotion. But I understand why it's a joke to some on here. Especially if the attendance from last night, coupled with the fact that we beat the last place team by 2 at home is used as justification for why this season wasn't that bad and things are turning around.

• Upvote 1

Indeed!

So we won? Wow. I had to dig through the thread to try and figure that out. Last night I was driving all around the DFW area during game time, but didn't even think to click on the game. Far cry from a couple of years ago when I honestly climbed 50 feet up an East Texas tree to pick up a game against LA-Monroe. My how things change.

• Upvote 1