Does JJ need to go to March Madness next season?

GrandGreen

NT has an opportunity if everyone returns to be real special next year. Beating cream-puffs in the oc, going 10-6 in the Belt and winning the Belt tournament and losing in the first round in the NCAA based on NT history is a great season. But it is past time to take that next step, and actually be at least a top 50 team. Talents like Mitchell may never come to NT again unless the program rises to a point it is expected to get great recruits not a miracle. I can't see JJ ever having a better chance at NT to elevate the program.

Next year's team can be a cornerstone to build on. WKU and others will be much better than this year, frankly if JJ can't beat them with the squad he may have next year, than I see a bad trend developing. Look at WKU who won primarily because their freshmen came on at the end of the year, J. Williams and Jones IMO are as good as any of their freshmen and there is no one in the league as good as Mitchell. I find posts relative to NT being competitive with WKU, ULL next year as maybe realistic based on NT's performance the last two years, but I hope and think this team should aim a lot higher.

JJ has build the team up from the Trilli ashes, and got the program to a level it has not ever consistently been. He has been successful taking mostly under recruited players and getting them to play team ball and he has elevated the program to be one of the better Belt programs. He has taken the next step in recruiting last year, can he move the team up to match the talent he has assembled?

User Feedback

Recommended Comments